• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD*** Aleph LE for sale ***Updated***

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was my first Aleph LE build. It's a BadBoy 700 pushing a TX1J Lux III. It's white and bright.

The only thing that I see wrong with it is that I used 22awg wire instead of 24 or 26. Consequently, the wires, or actually, the insulation is a bit flattened. This does not affect the reliability of the LE at all. It just isn't as clean a build as I am accustomed to doing.

If you already have an Aleph I, II, or III with an LE that has a downboy in it, you could use this to run your Aleph I, II, or III on a single cell body with either a single 123 or li-ion battery. You could also use this to run your Aleph heads on a 2 cell body with a single Pila or equivalent li-ion rechargeable.

I'm asking $70 for it, shipped. I'll put it into a safe container and send it in a padded envelope via first class mail.

The only reason I'm getting rid of this is because I'm partial to MM+ setups these days. I tend to use my light for longer than short bursts and this LE gets a bit warmer than I like.

If you want it, post with an "I'll take it," and PM me.

***You can send an account transfer via PayPal to [email protected]

***If you need to use a credit card, please send payment via PayPal to [email protected] and add 3% to help me out with the fees.

I'll get it out to you the day after I receive payment, at the very latest.

***Update***

If you are interested in getting into the Aleph systmem, this may be a good opportunity. The price of the LE, for reasons stated above, is discounted $25 off of the regular selling price. What I'll do is this. If you are interested, I'll discount the price of one (1) complete light.

This is the Light Engine...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Below is a pic of two Aleph lights, with a comparison light on the left.
picture.JPG

The light on the left is just a tad under 3" tall.

The light in the center is an Aleph I head on a 1X123 body with a McE2S 15 ohm two stage switch. The regular selling price is $195.

The light on the right is an Aleph II head on a 1X123 body with a McE2S two stage switch. The regular selling price is $197.

With the above LE, I will sell the entire package for $25 off of the above listed prices; however, I cannot include shipping for the whole light. Shipping for the whole light will be an additional $5.

That is, for $175 you can get into the light system that is very flexible. You can later get another head to run the same light engine in it.

The smaller head has a 20mm reflector. Its beam has a fairly large hotspot with concentrated sidespill that is bright. This light with the 20mm reflector will outperform anything with an SO17XA reflector or NX05 optic, that is similarly configured.

The larger head has a 27mm McR reflector in it and its beam is characteristic of lights equipped with a PR, although it is slightly brighter by virtue of its improved reflective coating.

I prefer the Aleph II setup. The light is small in diameter. The hotspot is very useable. It's big, but it still has very good throw for a light this size.

If you're interested, follow the instructions above.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Aleph LE for sale

If you take a look at the "Aleph in a nutshell" thread in the McGizmo section it should esplain it there. BAsically what Tony is selling is the module that contains the emmitter, board, and heat-sink that is threaded to slide in and out of any of the three aleph heads. This is not a complete light. Just 1 of the 4 components you'd need for a fully functional Aleph light. You'd still need a Head, Battery tube, and tailswitch assembly of your choice. All are available from McGizmo himself or the Sandwitch Shoppe. And im sure Tony might have some also if you PM him. The Aleph stuff is one of the latest innovations in modular light component interchangability.

Shane

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Special Agent,

Hallis is correct. The LE is an interchangeable "Light Engine." If you are interested and want a whole light, let me know.

Light engines usually go for about $95. I'm selling this at this price because of the reasons stated above.

The entire Aleph system is E series Surefire compatible.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Say, how much would it be for everything but the head? I've got an extra Aleph2 head lying around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tony, The light on the left is just too attractive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Have you tried blastinc any aleph heads? to kinda give them that satin look. I like tie Aleph 1 head the best, that and the McLux PR head just have that "Machine Age" look that i really really like.

Shane