Car stolen Saturday.I got it back earlier today.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in my office now. My car was stolen this morning. This is going to be a good day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Car was stolen today. Not got home yet.

darn dude was it insured?

sithjedi333

Enlightened

Sorry to hear that Jon. Hope you get it back soon and safe.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am more worried about the batteries in the car. The batteries right now are worth more than the car.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

John,

Oh man! Hope things work out for you.

kaseri

Enlightened

John,

We had our car stolen recently and I don't wish this upon anyone. The amount of bullsh*t that you have to go through is amazing. You'll see. Our car was recovered and to be honest with you the damage was not as much as it could have been. All I can do is recommend that you invest in some kind of anti-theft device. Since the theft, we had high quality alarm systems installed into both my wife car as well as my car. In addition to the alarm system we have invested in an additional anti-theft device call Ravelco. If you google it you'll find loads of information on Ravelco.

Good luck!

jtice

Flashaholic

Jon,,, damn man, really sorry to hear that!

Seems you just can fricken win with these batteries lately, they seem to be cursed. !!

Really hope you get it all back soon.
I figure the moron that stole it doesnt realize the batts are worth anything, so you might at least get those back.

good luck Jon!

-John

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geez man, hope everything works out for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lumenous

Newly Enlightened

That's a bummer. The paperwork for all this is going to be so much fun isn't? Anyway, I hope you'll get the batteries back.

Topper

Flashaholic*

I hate to hear that Jon. Things get tough sometimes and seem overwhelming, everything we live through makes us stronger. Hang in there!
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

I hope you get it back. Cars are recovered fairly often.

Alarms are apparently close to useless at preventing theft. They just annoy neighbors. However, Lo-jack and similar systems are apparently very effective for recovery.

B@rt

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Dang Jon... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

cia

Newly Enlightened

Sorry to hear about your car.
I wish you the best of luck.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Let me add an "I'm sorry" and say "Been there, done that!"

Back in the day, early 80's I had a '64 Malibu Hotrod. It was done up with a 433 cube Big Block, Turbo 400, 3.73 Posi, Fresh Interior etc. It only needed paint, and not that badly at that.

Every night I would park my Every Day car ('79 AMX) behind it. But this one night I didn't. THAT was the night they got it.

I got the car back. But it was every so much more than stripped! If the had busted one piece of glass, I'd have never paid the storage fee and gotten it back.

Still, I had some fun with a 6cyl engine and 4 speed for a while before selling it off.

I have Ravelco on the beast. If she didn't have other issues just now, they'll still have to work at it to steal her!

Anyhow I lost a couple hundred dollars worth of slot car gear, and a boom box too!

Good luck on getting the contents if not the whole shebang back!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

just got home a few minutes ago. gonna see what I can do to keep things going.

Topper

Flashaholic*

Hi Jon , You are safe thats the main thing, hopefully your car will be recovered soon.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

kaseri

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Alarms are apparently close to useless at preventing theft. They just annoy neighbors. However, Lo-jack and similar systems are apparently very effective for recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those statements aren't entirly true. A good alarm system that has been installed correctly will keep most creeps from stealing your car. Now that means that you'll have to invest some serious $ into the alarm. But believe me, I'd rather spend the $ on the alarm than go through the bull again.

As for LOJACK, forget it. THATS even more useless than the alarm! Your car needs to be stolen before you activate it. I thought the point was to not have the car moved from where you left it in the first place. Most people who steal cars know where the Lojack systems are installed and they just pull the unit and dump it. Plus, most people don't know the car has been stolen until hours later. By that time your car will either be in pieces on it's way to be sold off or the "joy riders" have already done the damage to your car.

We not only installed alarms in our cars but we have also installed the Ravelco device. I would rather have them try and not be able to move it. The Ravelco device makes sure that they won't move the car.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif i hate to hear that, Jon.

but look on the bright side, Denise is beautiful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif