Peak McKinley 7led 1x123 high power light

kaseri

Enlightened
I've been thinking of getting one of these Peak McKinley 7 led 1x123 high power lights with the "snow" LEDs. Anyone have any infromation on these lights? Are they worh owning? Amy beamshot comparisons with other popular lights? Honest opnions?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 7 white LED brass McKinley standard is really a beautiful light with a great beam. I'd like to have one in their highest power mode with snow LED's too. BTW, I believe my standard with white LED's is brighter than my high-power one with green LED's. The green LED's have a very ringy beam which is completely absent in my McKinley with white LED's.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a HA McKinley Hi-power in regular white. My beam is a little blue, but very smooth due to multiple leds. Fit and finish are excellent. The beam reads a little over 100 cd at the center. Haven't run it long enough to determine run time.

It's a nice light but has a relatively narrow beam due to recessed leds, much like the beam of a Dorcy 1xAA but brighter in the center (it measures about 4x brighter, looks about 2x or 3x brighter, due to how the eye sees things).

I would have preferred something with more sidespill, but it's an elegant looking light about as small as you can get a 123A light.

If I had the choice of what to buy now, I might go for a Nuwai QIII instead.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Copied directly from www.peakledsolutions.com/color.html :

Peak LED Solutions is adding a NEW LED to its options

This NEW ( SNOW White ) LED has a very new balance white look.

Because of its wider designed tip head. This new LED has eliminated the rings you see in normal LED's giving it more of overall balance of white.

Giving it the name of "Snow" is exactly that this LED gives that very appearance.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kaseri said:
Where can I get a Nuwai?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get them from CPF member ViKi. Excellent service and super fast delivery. Buy two and give one for a Christmas present.