Peak LED Solutions

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in buying a Peak LED light that has 98-126 candle power. Can someone tell me how many lumens this is equal to? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
Thanks!

nonbox

Banned
Peak Solutions AAA (single led) vs. Arc AAA

Peak Solutions AA (single led) vs. Arc AA

Which one is brighter, Peak or Arc?
Which one has longer run time?
Which one has a more durable finish?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
For your brightness range you would need the 7 led CR 123 light. Mc Kinley High Power

In the AAA field, I just received two, a 3 led normal output and a single high power stainless body. Both are in snow. They have a more difuse broad hot spot that is close in brightness to an ARC. The single has less spill but that may be due to the different bulb (standard LE ARC vs snow). The difference between the single high power and the three bulb standard in brightness was slight.

Stainless is smooth and of course durable if slightly heavy. The HA III looks durable, it hasn't chipped in 24 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

At first I thought the removeable rear lanyard loop a gimmick but in a short time I have found it very useful.

The runtime on the webpage for a single is 8-10 hours to 50%.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the 3LED 1AAA hipower. It is brighter than the Arc AAA. It's nicely made, but not as nice as the Arc, still it has replaced the Arc as my EDC.

Remember, Peak doesn't overdrive their LEDs (at least not their standard models) like Arc did, so go with the multi LED and/or hipower versions when getting a Peak.

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
RonM said:Remember, Peak doesn't overdrive their LEDs (at least not their standard models) like Arc did, so go with the multi LED and/or hipower versions when getting a Peak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get the peaks in a Ultra-highpower(overdriven) version for $5 extra I believe. I have no idea how it compares to Arc's AAA in brightness.

I have two of the Proto's, and three 3-LED with Arc style bodys on the way(two standard and one high output). Also a 1 LED-123(standard) on the way. Waiting oh so patiently......

Check out Peak's site and scroll down to "what are over-driven LED's" for information regarding LED output life.

Mark

Guess I didn't answer the original question, as I have no idea regarding that. Will try to stay on topic in the future!

SpaceCadet

Newly Enlightened
I just received a snow 7 LED CR123 McKinley Hi-power. Excellent light, well machined. As I plan to use this for trail hiking, the snow LEDs put out a nice diffused white spot a few feet ahead of me. A bit less spill but more throw - just how I like it. I also like the feature of being able to unscrew the keychain nub so that you can set it on end as a candlelight. If you order one, pay the extra for the Hi-Power. I really like this light.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any lights from Peak but based on beam pattern and brightness other members and reviews described, it seems like that Peak is not using Nichia LEDs. I have many other Nichia based and non-Nichia based LED lights. The beam pattern described on Peak matches those non-Nichia LEDs I have.

Besides, based on light output compared with New Beam (not over-driven), New Beam seems producing more light than Peak albeit New Beam is fully regulated. Would anyone or Peak tell us if Peak is using Nichia LED?

TIA.

Alan

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Alan,

On the Peak site they say that they are not using everyones favorite LED manufacturer becaused of product inconsistency. Not that Nichia produces bad stuff but Peak needs product specs that Nichia doesn't currently provide. I think it was consistent tolerances so that the LEDs are centered in their recessed holes. I believe that this why Arc lights were off center on occassion.

IIRC there was a discussion somewhere that went into a bit more detail.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason I asked is it does match beam pattern like those low cost LED lights I got and these LED brightness deteriorate quickly. I hope I'm wrong.

Alan

Latest posts