Check out the BLING BLING...

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing on a sunny Florida day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

I hate that word too...

Peter

M

MeridianTactical

I saw that on some of the BMW forums, I kinda like it... I would not do it to mine though...

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Jesus those pics are appearing on EVERY internet forum.

CPF was the last place I thought those pics would come up on.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe they have had a few cars if not airplanes polished as being made of aluminim it makes for less wind resistance plus its lighter than paint.

I wanted to get my wheelchair parts chromed, but the local dealers said it would be at least a month wait and that is if they can get the parts to fit in the chromer machine. If i could get it done in a timely manner, I may still do it.

Man, a whole car chromed. And I thought the gold plated emblems was going too far.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1996 olympic opening ceremonies featured a fleet of chrome pickup trucks. Thanks, Atlanta, for getting the whole world up to speed on the stereotype of southern american redneckitude. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Dumb Question,
Anybody here interested in plating? Some years ago I made a pulse plater for my sister. The electronics are simple, the chemicals deadly.

As for getting wheel chair parts plated, any good shop can do it in a few days. A wheel chair dealer most likely knows squat on the subject.

Been thinking of marketing a modern edition of the pulse plater, now that power mosfets are avalable and cheap switching power supplys (thanks to the PC industry).

Ideas welcome.
Jack Crow in Iraq
45 more days to go (give or take a few)

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
While I find the idea of plating interesting I'm certainly not interested in doing it! Worked for a circuit board company for 7 years on a copper platting line, eecchh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
B,
My sister uses the unit for jewlery stuff. Electro forming. That kind of thing.

I saw a dumb demo when I was at a gun show in florida.

A company was showing it's gold brush plater. It has a 'show' price of 2995.00 a discount of 500 bucks. Got a peek under the hood, if it had 70 bucks worth of parts it had a lot. Anyhow it was for gold plating chrome items on cars. What a scam.

Anyhow the 'pitch man' wanted to plate something for me, so I handed him my brass key for the hotel room. He then made the fob gold. Very nice. Then he wiped his nose with a stained rubber glove.

I don't have to tell you how toxic something that gold will disolve in. I hung around for a few min waiting for the guy to keel over. Diden't happen.

Life is strange.
Later dude
Jack Crow in Iraq

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
JC,

Yup takes much longer than a few minutes for that stuff to kill ya, if a board dropped off a rack during agitation and I noticed and it was important enough I'd pull up my sleeve & go after it, sometimes. Picture 7 aerated & heated 500 gallon copper tanks, a tin/lead tank, and a small silver/gold tank as well & then ask why I have a very limited sense of smell. Actually miss the place from time to time still, had the odd bit of fun plating various coins & other silly objects - go figure... Even back then I would have never gone near a chrome plating operation.

Time's short huh? Play safe man.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Well dang! That shoots all the fun out of it!!! When's somebody gonna get off their keister & chrome plate a car?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I'll bet that car would be a safety hazard in traffic. Talk about invisible!!! It would every bit as bad as a motorcycle as far is visibility.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Guys,
Some time back I heard about a gold plated Delorian. Seems the Stainless get's finger prints that are hard to buff out. So some owners have the cars painted, and one dude had it plated.

Gold would be almost as bad as chrome.

Jack Crow in Iraq

Latest posts