• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **Cancelled** Direct Drive Aleph LE

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and gals,

For those of you that are Pila fans, I put together a Direct Drive Aleph LE using a TXOK Lux III emitter. I used brass to turn an anode contact and used delrin to turn a housing for the contact.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

This LE will run at about 800mA on a fresh 150S and at about 1.2A on a fresh 168S. Of course YMMV depending on the shape of your Pila (or other li-ion) cells.

The cost of the LE is $70 and I will ship it in a padded envelope via first class mail, in the Conus. I will ship internationally via Global Priority mail for $5. If you prefer, I will use another method of shipping, but you'll have to cover that.

If you don't already have an Aleph head and/or body, this will give you an idea of what's available...
picture.JPG

On the left is an Aleph II head (my favorite) on a 1.5X123 body with a McE2S two stage switch.

On the right is an Aleph I head on a 2X123 body with a McE2S two stage switch.

As you can see, the heights of the Aleph I and II heads are about the same. The difference is that the Aleph I has a 27mm reflector and the Aleph II has a 20mm reflector.

The DD LE in conjunction with the Aleph I head is a beast. It won't throw like an Aleph III, but it really gets out there. The Alpeh II is a more general purpose light head.

I will consider the Aleph I head on a 1.5X123 body (for the Pila 150S) with the McE2S tailswitch (22 ohm), and the DD LE to be a standard package for this LE. I will sell this entire light for $170 plus $5 for Priority shipping with insurance in the CONUS. I will ship internationally via Global Priority for $5 also.

If you would rather an Aleph II head. Please add $2 to the above price.

If you would rather a 2X123 body, please add $2 to the above price.

If you would like something other than the 22 ohms resistance in the tail cap, PM me for what I have available.

If you are interested, post with an "I'll take it" and PM me to make sure that we get the total right. I accept payment by paypal only.

I can accept an account transfer via PayPal at [email protected] and

I can accept credit card payments via PayPal at [email protected] and please add 3% + .30 to the total to cover the fees.

I will ship the light out the day after I receive payment.

Thanks,

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Direct Drive Aleph LE

So, this is for the head only, right?
And, NOT the body & talicaps pictured in the photo, right?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
I will consider the Aleph I head on a 1.5X123 body (for the Pila 150S) with the McE2S tailswitch (22 ohm), and the DD LE to be a standard package for this LE. I will sell this entire light for $170...

[/ QUOTE ]

BLG, no, this is for the "entire light".

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

BugLightGeek,

The $70 is for the LE (Light Engine) only. If you would like the DD light engine, you can have the Aleph I head for an additional $45 or the Aleph II head for an additional $47. Or, of course, you could have the whole light for $170 for the Aleph I and $172 for the Aleph II.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

ahhh...must have missed that part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will also work with a single JSB rechargeable 123. You could run it on a singel 123, but the light would be very dim.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
It will also work with a single JSB rechargeable 123. You could run it on a singel 123, but the light would be very dim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tony, so nothing higher than about 4V right?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well,

It's a K Vf luxeon. Vf of about 3.51v=3.75v. I've direct driven lots of luxeons using 3 AA's and 3 D's. It just depends on the battery you are using and the amount of current that will get to the luxeon at a specific voltage. Since this LE was intended to run on a 1.5X123 body, with a Pila 150S, I used a K Vf luxeon. As a general (and of course there may be exceptions), I'd say 4.5v would be fine, with proper heatsinking. The Pila weighs in at around 4.2v off of the charger.

X33

Enlightened

So this is basically an Aleph with a customized LE especially for super output from PILA 150s? Do you have an Aleph 3 head for this? Am I right to assume that would have a monster throw? I'm tempted but haven't really done enough research on the whole Aleph issue yet. So tempted though.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, this is the deal with this light engine. I built it to run on Pilas for one reason. That is the batteries ability to give a flat output. It doesn't drop voltage the way most batts do and almost runs like a regulated light, or at worst like that of a MM+ equipped light. Of course most people top their Pilas off anyway. I've been running an LE just like this and have found it to be quite useful.

Here are some uses:

1. On a single cell body with a JSB rechargeable 123. I'm getting reports of around 700mA direct drive with these.

2. On a single cell body with a regular 123. It runs the LED at almost 200mA from a fresh cell. I couldn't believe how much useable light this put out. At night walking through the house, it puts out more than enough light to see where you are going without blinding you. It's actually pretty nice running it like this. I was able to comfortably read by the light put out by this set up.

3. You can run it on a 1.5X123 body and a Pila 150S with the head of your choice and about 800-1000mA gets to the lux on a fresh charge, depending on the shape of your batteries.

4. You can run it on a 2X123 body with a Pila 168S and the head of your with about 1.2A going to the lux.

This setup is bright. There's no question about it.

The price of $70 is for the LE itself. If you want a head or whole light to put it in, just PM me for a total. There are so many possible combinations that it would be difficult to post a price on all of them.

BTW, this DD LE also works really well with the two stage tail caps also.

Of course, getting a whole light now means that you can always acquire another LE of a different configuration later and add that to the flexibility of your Aleph system.

This is not the only Aleph product that I can offer. I have a full line of Aleph parts and can build to order.

Thanks,

X33

Enlightened

Thanks. More food for thought there.