I Wonder if CMG lurks at CPF?

scott

Enlightened
There must have been at least a 100 posts about the "soon to be released" Reactor. Now that the Reactor is a reality, we can speculate on the "Ultra"...or whatever the next "soon to be released" CMG flashlight is called.

I wonder, now that we've had a few quick reviews of the Reactor, if CMG lurkes here or if they really care what people like "us" want. OR...are are they just looking at wwhat the general public might buy?

So...just in case CMG is listening and just in case they give a hoot...

I WANT: Regulated, nearly constant output.
I WANT: A brighter-than-ARC AAA, regulated single AA Infinity style light.

I won't be buying the Reactor. I hope the rest of these new CMG lights address the basic things people here seem to want.

Scott

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It's entirely possible that they have an operative on board, just looking and lurking. It's also possible that they have no idea that a place like CPF exists.

Note the famous luminary (pun intended) that showed up as a new user this morning: none other than David Allen of Photon fame. If it took David this long to decide to check out CPF, the same thing could very well be going on in the CMG camp, and it will only be a matter of time before one of them decides to pop up here.

scott

Enlightened
"...If it took David this long to decide to check out CPF, the same thing could very well be going on in the CMG camp,.."

Well, someone should just march right over there and get them!

I mean, GEESH, how can a company like Photon or, possibly CMG, not know about this forum in the age of the Internet?! If you type something like "LED flashlight" into any search engine, your bound to hit a website with a link to CPF in a very short time. You think a a producer of a cutting edge, "high tech" product would at least hop on the Internet for a few minutes every so often to see what was happening in the world of LEDs. A few quick searches, a link here or there, and you end up at CPF.

This is amazing to me that these cutting edge technologies are not using the cutting edge technology of the internet in order to improve their product and to keep an eye on their competition.

Go figure...

Scott

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott's right. I've come across this forum many times while searching, as well as Craig's site, Brock's site, etc. Do they have a computer?

PhilAlex

Enlightened
I've been known to do some marketing consulting in my time... (Okay, it's my full time job...)

And... It's astonishing to me how many companies never check competitors out on the web, let alone a relatively neutral place like CPF.

I have no idea why... I can't count the number of times I've been called in to discover how a company is doing so well, when all they have is a feedback mechanism like CFP to find out what's wrong.

Oh: And here's a million dollar tip:

Next time you order from a mail order company, order with a fake middle initial, or a fake apartment number.

For instance:

Craig A. Johnston

Now, never order with that name again.

Keep a record of who ELSE mails to that name. It's a fantastic record (And evidence!) of which companies sold/traded your name to others.

Try it with banks and charities for a real shock!

--Phil

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilAlex:
.......Next time you order from a mail order company, order with a fake middle initial, or a fake apartment number.....

Keep a record of who ELSE mails to that name. It's a fantastic record (And evidence!) of which companies sold/traded your name to others.

Try it with banks and charities for a real shock!

--Phil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this is kind of off topic,....

About 5 years ago, my wife registered with the local branch of one of the chain supermarkets in my parent's hometown for one of those "shoppers cards" that let you get a discount occasionally ... used my parent's home address and her maiden name....

That is the ONLY possible link of THAT name to THAT address. Even though the store closed three years ago, my parents get about three or four pieces of "junk mail" a week sent to that name at their address.

That is nowhere near as annoying as email spam though- I'm going crazy trying to stop one of those spam companies that is selling insurance, mortgages and "HGH" through a website based on a server in China.

They are using MY name, MY domain names, and my mail servers to send their dam# spam, and even though I block the source IPs they send it from every day, they just change the IP once or twice a day. And the company that hosts my domains can't or won't do anything to stop it.