how do i get or make a mini mini mag?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am wondering how i can get a mini mini mag or make one. if this is a stupid thing to ask, forgive me for i am a newb.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
mags,

You need to get someone to cut it down and rethread it for you. I've done a few, but really don't make a business of it. I'm getting ready to do one for a friend. If you want one, let me know. for $25 I'll get you one, cut it down and ship it to you via 1st class mail. Modding the reflector will be up to you, but for and extra $5, I throw in an IMS SO17XA reflector for it.

If you want me to do it, PM me with a 1st and second choice of colors. I'll probably be getting it a Walmart.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
by the way, are they bright or just a little novelty light?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on your options of electronics and battery the novelty can be comparable or brighter than a 2AA version of the Min*Mag. My little light gets a "10" for the WOW factor when I show it off.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
so if it were a single CR 123a light it would be brighter huh?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rechargeable 3.6-volt Li-ion cell would make it brighter and since the 14500 cell fits AA holes...WOW factor!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think ima just fry the bulb with some strong coin cells

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The cut-down light should us a WayneY/dat2zip/Sandwich Shoppe MadMax drop-in module. If you want "KickA," breakdown CRV3 6V camera batterie$ for the 2 3V (1500mAH- greater than the 1300 or so for a 123) AA formfactor lithium$. This battery will allow the use of the BadBoy series drop-in's. (Not US-made, Energizer CRV3s as they are 2, 1.5V L91's in series!) It's a pretty cool mod in that you can muck with the focus. Chop is the guy to do it for you!

Larry

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
An RCR-V3 (rechargeable) CR-V3 could also work. But they are expensive. And as a side note I always like to read this one article of a guy that really tested the RCR-V3 batteries out. His main article is using the Olympus C-5050 camera but he gets very in-depth into testing the RCR-V3 battery.

GOOD READING ON THE RCR-V3 RECHARGEABLE BATTERY HERE.

I think we are getting off topic here.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

(I think I may have given my tap to Roth,- don't remember.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

cy

Flashaholic
larry I'll loan you mine, when it get in of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry,

I can't remember the last time I tapped for a kroll. Mine's starting to rust. LOL

I mean no offense to anyone, but I think this newbie is kind of young and a mini mini mag with sandwiche may be out of his financial reach. Anyone have spare parts laying around. Maybe an older badboy or MM. I have a luxeon I can throw in and an emitter board. Heck, I'll build the sandwiche and cut the light.

Let's start 'em young, if we can. Better a flashaholic than some other holic.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone is interested,

I think the tap necessary to make a miniminimag is a 5/8-28 (5/8" at 28 threads per inch).

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the help but i am thinking of modding the modded mini mini mag and then making it into a singe CR123A torch with a 1 watt. I think that would be good enough.

cy

Flashaholic
Mini-mini mag is an excellent host for 14500 li-ion running MM or BB with Tbin.

but for a beginner flashaholic, a little too much to start with.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or the old AA alkaline battery. Or NiMH 2x1/2AA cells...but the cut Mags wouldn't have a long runtime with the 1/2AA.