Anything brighter than a 5 watt white LED light?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to use bandwidth if its not likely to happen. I was wondering since I have a 5 watt cabelas xpg light also known as the nuwaii ALX-153L, is that it for a while?

I guess if the reflector or lens was used right it may put out more focused light, otherwise maybe I am set till technology makes a big jump?

Just wondering.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anything brighter than a 5 watt white LED ligh

InReTech 6x5 watt Mega6 Mag drop in module, 30watts total.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

In a bigger light with a hotlips heatsink, that same emitter has been reported to go as high as 10 watts and do fine.
If it's an X flux bin, it really looks like an entirely different emitter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're willing to go incandescent, some of the the Surefires put out 250-500 lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic

The Lamina Ceramics BL-3000 is routinely brighter than a LuxV Portable - albeit very challenging to focus into a beam.

Last time I checked, it was difficult to find retail sources for the BL-3000 - the one I found a few months ago was charging ~$150 for white BL-3000's.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I am significantly happier with my 3W Lambda pill then I EVER was with a 1W or 5W Lux!

Sure, the Space Needle II is bright. But the Lambda is so darn white and useful... and runs for free on NimH!!!

Certain WA or Carly bulbs overdriven are brighter for sure. But nothing up to now beats the size/output/runtime ratio of the Lambda'd Minim*g!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh thanks. I will look into those. I think I am set with my blinkmann xenon light, it seems bright enough to do what I want. The LED one is the one that is not as bright as I would like it to be. I do recall seeing a dual 3 watt led lamp at cabelas that used 3 D cell batteries. Bit large to be portable, but saw they made it. I will look at those other lamps as well. Thanks.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

you know the megaray looks so heavy that i think it rediculous to have a pocket clip on it.