A shopping suggestion JS Burleys

jhereg

Enlightened
We've probably all heard about Jon's problem w/ the stolen car & batteries. He is quite determined he doesn't want charity for help, but that wouldn't stop everyone from ordering things from his website. My suggestion is, if you have been thinking of buying something from him, now is the time. Maybe we need to get a 2nd list of people who mant more of the R123 batteries. He was talking about selling flashlights to raise money, maybe Sasha could setup an auction. Any other suggestions? Jon this isn't charity I'm suggesting. It's friends helping a friend.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
hmmmm...are the r123s & chargers still available? I've been on the edge for these, maybe now's the time?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe JS could list what he has in stock. I just wish Pila made a 3 watt LED light. Direct drive off a Pila 168a would be good.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to put in a good word for his R123s as well. The C2-90 configuration I'm running right now is fast becoming my favorite light - the P90 is a real workhorse and I find myself reaching for it all the time. It's not just about the extra light but because the P90 will tolerate the additional voltage while the P6x lamps will not. The extra light is great anyway, think of it as having a longer-burn P61.

Details : http://kevin.htgk.org/projectc290.php

For those who want the details in a nutshell: Buy 2xR123 (at least, 4 is better so you can keep one set in the charger) and appropriate charger from JSB. Buy P90 and suitable 2-cell Surefire (6P/Z2/C2/M2 - must have Pyrex) from jcciv. Slap everything together and make your neighborhood wonder "Who and WHAT is that out there?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

PS: I am trying to see if they can offer a complete turnkey kit that is ready to go out of the box. I've mumbled about something along the lines of a SF 6P (Pyrex lens) with the P60 replaced by a P90, plus 4 cells and a charger or something like that.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I did order another set of RC123s & charger for fellow local CPFer Luxbright plus another 2 RC123s for myself before the misfortune that befell Jon so now hope that my order wasn't in the car when it got stolen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Latest posts