Ultimate Toss/Throw (?) At E-Bay Now...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just saw this on e-bay...

at106-f.jpg

Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1838547697

Saaby

Flashaholic
Whoa! Is that custom built or readily ave. somewhere besiedes eBay?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure, just browsed ebay just now and saw it. Has a Krypton bulb in the middle, though...

Gandalf

Enlightened
There is a light you still see on eBay sometmes with 3 LED's, and a T-1 lamp. Only problem was that it ran on 3 AAA cells, and the incandescent light was dim and yellow. The same manufacturer is now making a 7 LED model, and a 3 LED model, without the incandescent capability. The grip area is raised ridges of soft rubber in a spiral pattern. What makes me think this light is made by the same manufacturer is the poorly designed lanyard: it looks identical to the one on the light I had, with a thin string attaching the lanyard proper to the light.

Even the way the description of this light is set up in the auction looks the same as the other lights, and it's only running 3 AAA batteries. This probably means the incandescent lamp is going to be pretty crappy, and obviously the burn time on the LED's isn't going to be anywhere near the 40 hours they claim for 6 LED's from 3 AAA batteries. Figure *maybe* 6 to 8 hours of pretty decent light, and then a rapid dimming after that. Pity they don't use 2 123's, and a good voltage regulator.

The strange thing about these lights is that the one I had was very nicely made, with good machining, fit and finish. Too bad the engineering is so poor. I gave the 3 LED/T-1 model I bought off Ebay away; it was a big dissapointment.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the input, that pretty much puts a wet damper on my enthusiasm for it...