Arc LS first run, worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osm3um

Newly Enlightened
I was going to list the specifics, but did not feel it was appropriate in this forum. In short I have an Arc flashlight I was thinking of selling, but simply am not sure what to ask for it.

I realize there is not a buy/sell forum, but I have NO clue as to what it is worth/what the different models actually mean etc.

There must be an Arc expert or something that could help me out on this! If so, can some one tip me off as to whom this is or whom I should ask?

NOTE: If this is considered an inappropriate question for this forum I am more than willing to delete it!

NOTE #2: I am not taking bids, just need some direction.

Thanks,
Bob

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
My personal thoughts:

Obviously you know what you paid for it? Therefore it's worth "at least" that much. Due to ARC Flashlight going out of business, this has indeed created a "new market" with basic economics at play.

I'm sure you are looking through the B/S/T Forums to see what they've been going for around here. Another source to check is of course eBay.

It may be worth "far more" to today's buyers as compared to buyers prior to the ARC Flashlight demise.

If in doubt, set a reserve price on it and consider submitting it to the CPF Auctions or eBay and let the buyers set the price?

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
It's only worth what someone will pay for it, and based on the buying and selling that has been going on lately, if the thing is in good shape you should be able to get what you paid for it, maybe a little over that. If you try it on Ebay you'll probably get better $$$ than here. AAA's were selling for $100, I think, if that gives you any idea.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're talking about worth, what are functioning Grey Kits worth now? I highly doubt I'll sell mine, but should another care to sell, what would be a fair price?

By the way, I LOVE my one and only Arc LS [Grey Kit]. I use the CR123 twisty and it makes for a quite small flashlight for the pocket! I also replaced the LD with a HD and added a cut down Minimag reflector. And since it's a Grey Kit, I don't worry about a little scratch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I was going to ignore this thread, then I thought. I lost my LS1, first run, and I miss it not for it's "worth", dollar wise, but for what is was. A long running Arc, that could be used with a single AA battery, and run and run, and run. I like the voltage regulated circuit. I want another one, but I will not pay big bucks for it. So be it.

Bill

fleshlite

Banned
I have just posted in another thread , but I have just ordered a new ARC LS for 93.00, do you think this is a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.