Did our PK win the CA Lottery?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
From the October 16th Orange County Register.

Paul Kim went to the Santa Ana lottery office with the winning ticket worth about $5.6M with the cash value option. The ticket was purchased at a liquor store in Brea which isn't really close to Santa Ana but I've bought tickets out of my 'hood. Mr. Kim asked for no media coverage.

Is this our boy? The odds are that it isn't but it adds a little zip to the salsa to think that it might be.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Uh I am sure he would have mentioned it on the phone to me but since he left the country on the 15th, I am doubly sure it is another Paul Kim. Did the article mention that this guy is a major weenie?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kim to a Korean is like Smith to an American. I'd guess that about 1/3rd of all Koreans must be either Kim's or Lee's, so odds that this was PK are pretty slim.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mattheww50 said:
Kim to a Korean is like Smith to an American. I'd guess that about 1/3rd of all Koreans must be either Kim's or Lee's, so odds that this was PK are pretty slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 'Park' is up there too. Yeah but how many Paul Kim's are there in CA?

Hey Don, maybe he flew the coop after cashing it in.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif and why would he tell you, you might suddenly become his 'bestest friend' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
Hey Don, maybe he flew the coop after cashing it in.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif and why would he tell you, you might suddenly become his 'bestest friend' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

.....but he was kind enough to unload a whole lot of nice lights for the CPF auction first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm...PK winning the lottery, would that be a good thing for flashaholics or would he give up engineering fantastic lights for a life of fast cars, easy women and tropical islands?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Let's add to the intrigue...

I've reread the article and while the story ran on the 16th it didn't mention when the major weenie went to the lottery office.

The ticket was purchased from Brea Liquor. Does anyone know if this is one of pk's filling stations?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In Orange County Paul Kim is a rather popular Korean name. The weenie thing makes our pk distinguishable! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Flashlight,

If PK had won the lottery, you can rest assured that he would have rubbed my face in it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I can hear a certain laugh right now! How do you think he earned the title major weenie?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif