Photon Fusion's auto shutoff

MicroSapien

Newly Enlightened
Photon Fusion\'s auto shutoff

I'm having problem with my Photon Fuision.

There are 2 different switches on the photon fusion, the "Hyper-Bright" button and the Mode button. I know there's an Auto shut-off function with the Mode button (switch off after 1 min), but my problem is that the photon fusion automatically shuts off after approx. 2 mins in Hyper-Bright mode (switch on by Hyper-Bright Button). Is it how it's suppose to be?

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Photon Fusion\'s auto shutoff

Yes, IIRC, hyper-bright mode will overheat if not timed-out pretty quickly, so that protection was designed in. It is not intended as a continuous mode of operation, but just a quick boost to see something in the distance. The www.photonlight.com website may provide more documentation of this feature. By the way, the Fusion has been redesigned and will soon be released with a different mode of operation (continuous dimming levels). The new name is the Fusion Freedom.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

As far as I'm aware, the "Hyper Bright" mode is governed by the Auto-Off mode. Switch the Fusion into anything other than Auto-Off, and Hyper Bright mode should not shut down that way.

I don't have a Fusion handy to verify this with, so I cannot guarantee you these results.
Let me check my Fusion web page...BRB...ok, I didn't have much to say regarding this, but here's what little I *did* say:

Auto-Off mode governs not only itself, but Hyper Bright and red LED modes as well. If you wish to use either of these modes and not have the light turn itself off after a minute, switch the Fusion into any mode *except* Auto-Off before engaging Hyper Bright or red modes.

chanik

Newly Enlightened

Craig is correct. The new fusion copies the photon freedom state machine with one button. The only difference is the hold-dim up function controls the two red LEDs and the tap-on-dim down, the 6 whites.

MicroSapien

Newly Enlightened

Thanks to you all offering the solution(s) to my problem. LED Meseum is right, Auto Shut-off is governing both the hyperbright and red LED (just tested it).

Once again thank you for all your kind assistance.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

You're more than welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Anything I can do to help, I'll at least give it the good 'ol American try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif