Stupid flash light trick

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure where to post this. Its a regular bulb light with an LED power meter on it.

Anyway, I hate not being able to find a light when the power fails. So, I found this light at craftsmans that has a battery meter on it. I thought the idea was rather stupid as you could tell by the beam color the light was running down. Anyway, I assumed it would stay lit when the flashlight was not in use. Well, it only works when in use. So, I basically hot wired the meter so it stayed on. Here is it if you want more details http://www.wheelchairmodifications.org/stupid_flashlight_trick.htm

It was great in rehab. I used it as a night light as my room mate had to sleep in total darkness. In total darkness it is amazing how much light that green power LED puts out.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the same thing with my older Rayovac Industrial 2D with battery indicator. If you leave the power switch on but unscrew the bezel a bit, the main light goes out but the indicator stays on. Useful as an extremely dim flashlight or a find-me light.