Shooting Quotes

JOshooter

Enlightened
I have a sweatshirt design for my high school rifle team. All we need is a quote. I don't have any good ideas, so I and the whole team I'm sure will be thankful if we could get some help with this.

The design has two x-crossed rifles with a target over head with cougar heads facing each other in the left and right part of the cross.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
"Aim small miss small"
Just like Mel Gibson said in the Patriot. This is one of the first things my Dad tought me about shooting.

2dim

Enlightened
"Bullets Beat Ballots!"

"Guns are good, but
Bombs are better..."

Hmmm, maybe with the upcoming election and all, this might not be the best time, come to think of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I like lifeNRA's quote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Great words to shoot by, and so true. I didn't realize Gibson ever spoke those words in a movie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

For the shirt though, I like PhotonBoy's quote.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
LEDmodMan,
If you have not seen The Patriot then you should. It is really a good movie. If you have seen it then Gibson said it when he took his two youngest boys to try and free his oldest son from the British who were taking him to be executed. He positioned them behind a log and asked them if they remembered what he had taught them about shooting. They answered "Aim small, miss small". Then Gibson repeated it.

I like Lurker's and PhotonBoy's quotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on your situation, I think your slogan must be squeaky clean and politically correct (unfortunately). With "excellence" being the current buzzword, I think "We aim for excellence" would be great. It would be --- a paradigm of excellence.

litho123

Enlightened
For our local IPSC club, one year we had the following imprinted on the can coolers as a giveaway...
Load It
Draw It
Aim It
Squeeze It
Score It
Love It
IPSC
...in fancy lettering amidst a few bullet holes.

The idea was loosely based upon those "xxxx It!" sports shirts hyping golf, soccer, etc.

Modify it a bit...see what shakes out.

RussH

Enlightened
Where do they have HS shooting teams anymore? I was on a high school ROTC rifle team in 1971-72. I'm currently a civil war re-enactor and the 16 & 17 year olds tell me that they join so they can do some shooting (blanks, even) outside of hunting season.