• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - FF2 custom SO17XA reflector

Sengoku

Enlightened
Wanted a custom cut/sanded down SO17XA reflector thatll fit in the FF2, i know im asking for alot but possibly done professionally (no scatched parts on the reflector) with a "lip" on the top.

Willing to paid alot for this,

thanks for your time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sengoku

Enlightened
thanks sithjedi333, do you happen to have a SO17XA modded by CM? how was the condition, neatness of it? thanks.

sithjedi333

Enlightened
No problem. I asked him about the mod and found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful, and would go with him if I were to have one done. In the end, I tuned my optic following cy's instructions HERE and got an AWESOME beam, so I decided not to get the SX017A reflector for now. Maybe I will buy the FFIII when it comes out, but I'm super happy with my FFII. Have you tried tuning the optic? It makes a huge difference.

Sengoku

Enlightened
yea i tried tuning the optics, very cool! but ill love to see how it compares to the SO17XA, thanks very much for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sengoku,

I have two FFII's coming in for modification with an IMS reflector. I should be able to use one of the FFII's as a model to turn one for you too.

I'm still using the older style IMS 17mm reflectors with the full profile skirt, which makes the reflectors easy to turn on a lathe.

PM me if interested.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa with the PM's guys. Boy, all it takes is a slip of the wrist, eh?

I'm really not hankerin' to do another reflector only mod. The last one I did for the VIP was a big PITA.

Like I said, I have two FF2's coming in for modding. If I can do it with the older style IMS reflector, I'll probably turn a FEW out. If I need to do it with a newer style reflector, I'll probably just do the ones I have coming in, because you really can't put the newer ones into a lathe. Unless I was able to make something to allow that.

Just hold off on the PM's on the FF2 reflectors. When I get the ones I have coming done, I'm sure that I'll post something and let you guys know about availability.

If the mod is successful with the older IMS reflectors, I may have to have you guys, that have them, send yours in for modding. If have a very limited number of the older ones left and wanted to save those for KL1 and L1 mods.