Anyone tried the Peak 3LED AAA light ???.........

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
anyone tried the 3 LED peak AAA light?. How bright is it compared to a Arc AAA?. Hows the quality?. Any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone tried the Peak 3LED AAA light ???......

Quality is very good, The beam is tighter than the Arc and has more throw. The high power with the "snow white" LED's should be a nice light. I have a standard white and a high power white head and color is close to the Arc. They are about a half inch longer, but you could pick up a different body later.

h_nu

Enlightened

I have the high power with the snow LED's. I don't have a white Arc to compare it with though. I got this because Arc shut down before I could get a white one.

I agree with Fitz. It's a nice light, fairly tight beam. I'd prefer it were shorter like my Arc AAA Turquoise.

illmatic

Newly Enlightened

The machining of the Peak 3LED AAA is excellent. There is not as much flood in the standard Snow 3LED as the Arc AAA and it's just a tad bit less bright, but it's a very good substitute for the Arc. Now just waiting for the hi-power Snow 3LED to arrive.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Peak is coming out with a body for the AAA that is the same size/shape as the Arc and will be available for $5.00, so that should solve the size matter.

pathmd

Newly Enlightened

I have been EDC'ing the 3LED Snow Hi-power HA type III for a couple of weeks now. I agree with everything said here. The beam is fairly tight without alot of sidespill, but I find it really useful. It has a much warmer color than my Infinity Ultra (I don't have an Arc to compare to), and seems a bit brighter in the spot but with much less sidespill due to recessed LED's. The craftsmanship is awesome. I really like it and have a 1 LED Ultra hi-power and stainless steel 3LED hi-power on order. I am really looking forward to the "prototype" shorter battery tube.

Zigzago

Enlightened

Does anyone have a single LED Peak light like this one? Peak

Does the open reflector give it more spill?

jbfla

Newly Enlightened

I have the 1xAAA, single LED and the 1xAAA 3 LED (white LEDs, both high power, in brass).

The 3 LED has a smoother beam and more spill that the 1 LED. But neither has as much spill as an ARC 1xAAA.

JB

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice thing about the Peaks is that you can unscrew the tailcap so the light can stand on end.

I've got the hipower 1AAA 3LED. Like the others said, it puts out more light than the Arc, throws farther, but has less sidespill. I find the Arc better for close task work, like reading or plugging a cable into the back of a computer. But for everything else I prefer the Peak. It's now my EDC.

RadarGreg

Enlightened

I've got the Peak AAA 3 LED in snow, high power, and an Arc AAA Premium. The Peak light is noticeably whiter than the Arc, but the Arc is more compact. The Arc stays in my jeans watch pocket and the Peak is in my jacket pocket. Both are an EDC.

RadarGreg