Full Moon Lunar eclipse 10/27/2004 lights ready :)

JOshooter

Enlightened
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
The weather will change, it's more than a week away. Even with the clouds, you'll have a chance to *cough*play*cough* experiment with your new gadgets...

6pOriginal

Enlightened
Re: Full Moon Lunar eclipse 10/27/2004 lights read

After reading this thread, I truely understand the defination of the word "flashaholic". I mean where else will you hear about a Lunar eclipse and the first reaction is "have your lights ready"?! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Full Moon Lunar eclipse 10/27/2004 lights read

Now I think I understand PenUmbra and Umbra.

If I could understand SubUmbra that would be very cool. Maybe I'll experience SubUmbra around 10:00 p.m next Wednesday.

Say, wouldn't that be a kickin' night fishin' night?

What say you SubUmbra?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: Lunar eclipse tonight

...and as usual during all short-term astronomical phenomena (eclipses, meteor showers), it's overcast in my location.

I suppose there are far worse curses to be afflicted with.

Greta

Flashaholic

It's all cloudy and raining here... yeah, HERE!! Where it NEVER freakin' rains!! But it's raining tonight... of course... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

It a full eclipse here. Very clear outside and the moon looks bloody red in the lower eastern sky.

Empath

Flashaholic

Here where nearly every celestial event is marred by overcast, it's clear. I get to watch it.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Like Sashas 20, it's completely overcast with predictions of RAIN HERE IN PHOENIX. Go figure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE SHOOTER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

oops... downloaded the wrong one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

original.jpg
large.jpg

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

Meh, I was unable to get any great pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif . I got some other really kewl pictures of where I was taking the picutres at, but the moon was just a red dot no matter what I did. I was somehow able to get the controls right and get beautiful pictures of some trees that were totally dark, without flash or any light at all. Perhaps I can edit in the moon from someone elses pictures that show up on the internet over the next few days. But, I am serious, the trees in this picture were totally in the dark...

IMG_1342small.JPG

Cameron

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here it was partly cloudy. Got to watch it turn dark cranberry on the bottom, odd orange on top. Basically a little darker colors than Jeff's most excellent pic. Fascinating stuff.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I got to see it too.
It was forecast to be rainy and windy today, but the skies were crystal clear.
I watched from ~15 minutes prior to totality to ~15 minutes after totality was achieved.
At approximately 5 minutes before totality, I dug up my 7x35 binoculars, and shared them with several other people standing out here watching the eclipse.