Flashlights used in film 'Day After Tomorrow'

murkles

Newly Enlightened
Flashlights used in film \'Day After Tomorrow\'

Can anyone tell me what is the make and model of the flashlights used in the film 'Day After Tomorrow'?

Thanks, Mark

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Flashlights used in film \'Day After Tomorrow\'

while they are in the library grabbing books to burn im sure i saw a Surefire M6 and a SF M4 - no visit to the library is complete without one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened

Also Maxabeams at the end of the movie.
I think it's really overkill to use SF M6 for that purposes, it's not a 'normal' flashlight for crying out loud!

Azreal911

Enlightened

the way it's going the general public's view would think that flashlight is something you can get in walmart like a mag hahahahah! i've seen them in soo many movies. they gotta start modding normal garrities and other plastic lights to make them think that libraries don't have a $10,000 flashlight budget! those design teams can easily shove 3 cr123's and a 7.2volt bulb into any cheapie light since they need it to show up as a beam for the camera's. but i guess their prop budget for the movie companies is ALOT bigger than we know! m4's?!!? and m6's!?!? like its from the corner store all kids carry one!

d'mo

Enlightened

I suspect movie directors choose the flashlights they use in their films to show up well and project a beam even under very bright stage lighting. In darker scenes (think X-files and ET), flashlight beams were filtered and shaped (check out the lenses) for dramatic effect, something that just can't be done with a m*9 or Wal-mart special.

In "The Day...", the M4 and M6 fit the bill nicely. They certainly aren't going to be concerned that the average person is going to know how highly priced these goodies are. It's fun for us (flashaholics) to see these lights in action, but the average movie patron has no clue.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had no clue until I became a flashaholic. Alien vs Predator was a treat because of the SF M900A on the H&Ks, the M4s, and the L80 green laser.

I thought the lithiums were great for the weather conditions. If they really did film that in the snow and all, they performed really well.

You know you are a flashaholic when.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

I don't believe it's a SureFire Green Laser. I've not seen the AvP since it comes out tomorrow but it's likely to be the same green laser that they use on Star Gate.
My guess is that they are BeamShots. Not noted for durability or serious use from what I gather (Source: AR15.com).

http://www.beamshot.com/laser_sight_beamshot_greenbeam_2000.html

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

It comes out tomorrow? I saw that movie at least a couple of months ago.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

"On/Off Topic"...is that flick worth watching?

sithjedi333

Enlightened

Sigman,

I saw it on the plane and liked it very much. It's definitely worth renting.

Size15's

Flashaholic

In the UK they make us wait a while for many releases. It means we have an active black market for pirate copies some of which are very good I'm told. Also, it means sometimes that I can but the US DVD before or as it comes out at the cinema here...

Al

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the main reason they release movies here so early is to prevent piracy but it seems to have very minimal success.

s2k

Newly Enlightened

2004912165741825.jpg

2004912165749193.jpg

200491216575734.jpg

and in Resident Evil 2:
200491219814849.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stockae92

Enlightened

good

pic is better a 1000 words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

It's amazing how one's interest colors perception. Movie flashlights are now of great interest to me while before CPF they were completely irrelevant.

Brightnorm

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the M4 and M6 are probably commonly used in movies because they're bright enough to outdo the stage lighting, and both look like a 2AA or 2D flashlight (respectively) to the uninformed.

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
StEaLtH_ said:
Also Maxabeams at the end of the movie.
I think it's really overkill to use SF M6 for that purposes, it's not a 'normal' flashlight for crying out loud!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the "normal" flashlight idea. But hey, it's the movies!

I thought that to myself when I saw them carrying MAXABEAMS into the library at the end. I thought to myself, "Yea, these guys just backpacked 60 miles through worse than blizzard conditions and they hauled HEAVY lights like that?"

I'm glad to see I'm not the only "nut" that notices the lights in the movies! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HistoryChannel

Enlightened

In the movie Ghost Ship it was like a SF commercial!!!

CSI and those kinds of shows at least toggle between different lights, sometimes between scenes too. It's funny, one scene someone is carrying an M4, next scene same dude carrying an old 9N, etc.