Canadian Customs on Strike?!

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw this snipit in another forum. fogured i'd post it up here. maybe give it a sticky?

"Yes, as of Oct.07/04 Canada customs, visa, immigration and related federal agency clerks are on strike. Huge customs backlog (possibly more than a month) There were also labor disruptions before the strike. If you want to ship anything from outside Canada it might take a while to get to you. This shouldn't effect shipping to other countries though."

Can any of our Canadian friends confirm or deny this?

Shane

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif D*mn! This is a major bummer. Where in the heck will they store all the stuff? I'm expecting a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon in the mail from www.pocketlights.com

<edit>I just checked, and pocketlights has shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif; now I just have to wait it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif </edit>

gp01

Newly Enlightened
Yep, my local Post Office here in Atlanta confirmed that it can take 4-6 weeks to get a delivery to its Canadian address. It took 6 weeks to send one small package. Canadian buyers need to be patient. My buyer assumed it was lost but it finally arrived. O Canada! O Canada!

piper

Newly Enlightened
I can confirm as well.
I ordered something that arrived in the country on the 13th and it was in customs until yesterday (the 20th).
I'm told that it should arrive today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
and this isnt getting a sticky because?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because maybe you could be a little more POLITE?! ... Just a thought.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif ... and a reminder as well... the administrators and moderators of CPF are not here at YOUR beck and call to jump whenever you snap your fingers. Perhaps if you'd sent a NICE PM to one of the moderators of this forum, he would have been more than happy to accomodate you... again... just a thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like omebody has had a bad day. Relax, hit the hot tub with a Guiness. And i did ask in my initial post. And since it's been up for quite some time one would think that a mod or admin has looked at it by now. But that's just a thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
<font color="blue">NOTE: This thread was originally posted in the B/S/T Forum. Since it affects a larger realm than that specific Forum - it's been moved here.</font>

Hmmmm, seems it would not only apply to the B/S/T Forum, but also to the B/S/T Non~lights Forum, CPF Custom & Mod B/S/T Forum, Manufacturer's Forum, Dealer's Forum and additionally to anyone doing any shipping back & forth to Canada - so instead of making "how many" stickys and cluttering up the CPF all over - perhaps this thread would have been more appropriate in the Cafe to start with.

BTW, thanks for the input though - as I know you only have the membership in mind...it just happened to apply to several Forums as opposed to merely the B/S/T Forum.

See...a little thought went into it. It was under consideration to move it to the Cafe so all could share this valuable information...until...well never mind!

Enough said...I'll go ahead and move it to the Cafe. You're welcome and I'm sure the membership will thank you.

BTW...word is that the strike is over - but I'm having trouble confirming that on the ole' WWW.

piper

Newly Enlightened
Just a suggestion to our suppliers:

Sometimes packages get opened by customs officials and if you send an invoice with your goods they will ignore the declaration sticker on the outside of the package (natch). In some cases it may be better to send the invoice electronically or by separate letter.

Stung again in Montreal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

M

MeridianTactical

That explains why I'm getting a bunch of unhappy Canadians calling and emailing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew!!!!!!!! Not thats its good, just now there is a reason besides "lost"...

This sucks!

M

MeridianTactical

are you suggessting I break the law and not include an invoice or mis-mark it are you...? Nah... Didn't think so... ;-)

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Chris,

The backlog doesn't seem to be THAT bad, I received my L7 from Oct 4/5th order yesterday (purchased from you). Not bad considering there was also a long weekend thrown into the equation. Customs even took the time for taxes and duties for the light.