Hyper Blaster 1R

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about buying the new Hyper-Blaster-1R, with the Luxeon III led. Does anybody have one of these already, and if they do could you give some feedback on beam shape, runtime, brightness, color etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I have one, and I love it. I don't have it with me so I can't recall specific details, but the beam is probably the brightest LED I own (I don't own any 5-watt LEDs, YET). It's very white with few, if any artifacts. I haven't fully tested runtime yet, but it's still at full brightness with the first set of batteries after a few hours of intermittent use.

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply bonvivantmike! Do you remember if the hotspot was round and centered and if there was much side spill? I know on the 1 watt luxeon blaster the hot spot was squarish and a bit off center.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
As I recall, it's fairly round -- not like the square hot spots on my 1W lights. If I get a chance tonight, I will look again and try to post more specific impressions.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Hyper Blasters (three of them). They are a thrower with a very white tint. Runtime is excellent.

Fit and finish is very good.

The hotspot is bright and only has mild artifacts. There is the diamond shape around the hotspot, which many lights using HD + optics have. At long range, the diamond isn't noticable though.

The beam has almost no usable sidespill, and the very dim corona area is LOADED with artifacts--ringy, with strange shapes and inconsistency. Overall, I consider the beam quality to be mediocre.

For medium to long range work, the artifacts won't be noticable. However, this is NOT a good close range light, too many artifacts and almost no usable sidespill.

As a thrower, an excellent choice (excellent range for an LED). Not a light that is useful for walking down a dark path or navigating a building though, IMO.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a Hyper Blaster 1R, I use it all the time
nice bright alround work light, it runs very well on rechargeable batteries