Any non-lithium hybrids other than SL?

davidra

Enlightened
Looking for something for my daughter; don't want her to have to track down 123's, but I don't like the rotation from LED/xenon with the AA TT, and the others (C and D)are too big in addition. Are there any others?

capnal

Enlightened
Yes. I bought through the Boker knife catalog here at my office a Streamlight knock off. It has 3 leds and a middle xenon. 2 stage switch. Machined aluminum. comes with wrist lanyard and belt pouch. I showed it to some other guys at the DFW CPF get together and they told me that they were certain it was made by Nuwai (sp?). Anyway, it runs off the 3AAA battery holder. It is pretty close in size to the 2L Streamlight. I will see if I can find it online. Last time I checked, it was not on the Boker website.

capnal

Enlightened
this is a scan from the catalog. The light I am talking about is the one on the far right. 3 LED, single Xenon, 3xAAA cells.

boker_catalog_scan.sized.jpg

A little further research on my part has yeilded this:
http://www.nuwai.com.tw

Their product number A303.
ar_306.gif

MODEL NO. A-303
DESCRIPTION - Aluminiun LED/ Xenon Handtorch (3 LED)
FEATURES - Multi Facet Reflector
- Focus Control (Xenon)
- Water Resistant
BURN TIME
(Alkaline) - 50Hrs (3 LED)
- 2.5Hrs (Xenon)
BULB TYPE - 3*05mm White LEDs (Japan-Made)
- 3V 0.3A High Pressure Xenon
BATTERY TYPE - 3*1.5V "AAA"- Size Batteries (included)
ACCESSORIES - Carrying Strap and Nylon Pouch
PRODUCT SIZE - 40*177mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT - 200g (With Batteries)

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! I have #5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice little light. I keep it clipped to my boonie hat.

Blades

Kirk

Enlightened
davidra,
Rayovac has a 2 Red LED, 1 White LED, and 1 Incandescent bulb 3-AA flashlight. Unfortunately, it rotates Red LEDs, White LED, Incan. However, it costs about $14 at K-Mart and is quite handy.
Kirk

capnal

Enlightened
Kirk,
Thank you for mentioning that light as well. I forgot all about it. I got one of those for my birthday this past summer and I find it quite handy. It should be a good choice for a daughter to keep in a car, desk drawer, back pack, school bag, etc.

Latest posts