twintask problems??????

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new Twintask and it's giving me troubles. The three regular lights work, but when I try to put it on the LED mode, it doesn't turn on. Is there any way I can check to see if the LED is burnt out? I've only maybe used it a total of 2 hours. I would like to try to figure this out without having to send it back by mail to the company...Anyone have any ideas?

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought the Twintask had a few LED's and one incandescent bulb. Are you sure the LED's are not working?? It sounds like they might be working and the bulb is out. I would check the bulb.

Blades

capnal

Enlightened
Sounds like you have your description backwards. The LEDs surround the Xenon around the circumfrence of the reflector. The center bulb is the xenon, and yes, they are vulnerable to burning out. However, they are easy to come by for replacments. Briteguy for example can sell these to you.

However, if you are indeed unsatisfied with your product, send it back to Streamlight and they will make it right for you.

litho123

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF:

Per manufacturers claims
The LED's have 28 hours runtime
The Incan bulb runs about 2.5 hours

Here's what's going on...
When the batteries are too weak to power up the incan bulb, they will still light up the LED's.

I think you need to replace batteries if you want your incandescent bulb to "work".

I use the LED mode to drain the life out of the 123's. It makes a great night light.

Greg