Poll: LionHeart Finish Color

Rate Product

• Total voters

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE:

A couple of wise CPF'ers also suggested I remind people of the following regarding HA3 Natural vs. HA3 Black:

[ QUOTE ]
bricksie said:
Charlie,
If it ends up being natural, then I suggest that you post a warning to everyone that, in all likelihood, the head colour will not perfectly match the body colour, and that you will NOT accept returns due to anodizing 'flaws' (e.g., the striped ARCs) - this will hopefully save you lots of aggravation from anal-retentive flashoholics not getting 'perfect' LHs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
D-LIGHT said:
My first choice was always black.
I'll take it either way. Imperfections in natural HA are a function of material, not quality of craftsmanship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please vote with these caveats in mind...

I am concerned that the HA3 "natural" color matching between the different pieces will not be "perfect".

According to the shop, even if all the pieces are dumped all at the same time in the same solution tank, you will have mismatches. Maybe not radical (even SF and the belated Arcs had their mismatches) but I want to take one last stab at asking if those who ordered their LionHearts in HA3 wouldn't mind having it in sleek sultry black instead, like the VIP. I will have to go with one color (natural or black), and thus I am putting up this poll.

IF there is no clearcut majority then we will go with HA3 Natural as originally planned. But if the black preference clearly outvotes the natural, then we will go black.

Vote now (but please vote only ONCE) and it should go without saying that you should only participate if you indeed have a LionHeart on order.

This will go according to the old Honor System, gentlemen:

(OOPS I screwed up, the end time should be Sunday, Oct. 24, at midnight HST...because I must let them know on Monday when they ship the rest of the bodies to the anodizers!)

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
definately Black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
I like the look of black better, but isn't the HA3 MUCH more durable?

Marc

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened
I prefer natural HA3. Some colour mismach may be unique and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
However black will be OK.
Whichever the majority chooses, will be fine with me.
Takifugu

Wrangler

Enlightened
I voted for HA3 black! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Happy modding,

Wolfgang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zymurgy

Newly Enlightened
Dr. Bulk

Black will be fine!!

Zymurgy..... : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gifanyway I can get it!!!!!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie, I would like to know if they are BOTH HA3?

The black on my VIP is cool but any nicks or whatever shows very very easily against such a dark background.

Thanks

Curtis

Graywolf

Newly Enlightened
Either one,or which ever you think best. Natural, if no difference in time factor or durability of finish.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have HA3, but what ever the outcome is I'm happy to own one LH.

chipper

Newly Enlightened
erm, this being my first flashlight and all, I ordered it in ha3 but am not really sure what it is, so exactly what colour is ha3 natural?
Sorry for being clueless.

Likebright

Enlightened
Charlie,
I have noticed that the properties of the aluminum is the desiding factor in how the natural HA3 looks and Arc, CnC and Surfire have had their problems with inconsistant results with the later tipe aluminum available.
If I were looking for the best, safest and most quality look I would go black.
As a matter of fact I preferred black Charlie.
But it looks like natural is leading in the poll so--
Natural would be fine./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
would the LH logo show up good in black?
Mike

Jackal

Newly Enlightened
HA3 Natural for me..... I think HA3 Natural makes the LionHeart distinctly different....Black is fine but I would like it to be different, thats why I choose Natural.

indenial

Enlightened
Even the black Longbows have some mismatch. I'm voting HA3 NAT. I guess it's just me, but I like the slight differences in tint between parts. Also, all things being equal, it is my understanding natural is always more durable. Any metallurgists out there?