Best non-SF 5 watt light

davidra

Enlightened
Comparisons: Streamlight TL3-LED, any of the Nuwais, any other reasonably priced torches.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the cabelas xpg 5 watt led. Its not as bright as my blinkmann xl, but its so far the brightest I have seen.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You know, I just thought of something...seperating all the 1.2, 3, and 5 watt Luxeon products on my website's menu.
That way, they'll be easier to find on my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Guess I'll go take care of that right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Edit, a little while later)
OK, done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thank you for the suggestion, even if it wasn't originally meant as such. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You're more than welcome!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
As soon as I saw the subject line in this thread, I knew what I had to do, and did it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

davidra

Enlightened
I like it too, but you haven't reviewed either of the lights I mentioned...and maybe you don't like to do this, but in terms of generally available lights, which do you like? Everybody seems to like L2's, but I'm trying to avoid spending quite that much.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Of the 5W LS LED flashlights I've evaluated that are not SureFire products, I'd probably recommend the TNC Hyper Lux V.
I don't know what the availability status of that flashlight is though; you may want to check that before ordering.

bajaiman

Enlightened
TNC HyperLux V gets my vote. You won't regret it if you can get one that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif