Should I get this?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I have a question. I was walking through a store and behold, there was a light, I did not own it, it..... was ready to be purchased.

Then I saw a problem. I thought it was cool, being small and all, but it took these $1.50 batteries that I had never seen.

Coast Cutlery - Tek Torches [7520] - LED Lenser Micro Torch - RED Light Beam

The smallest light

Should I get it?

-tom

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I get the impression that the very unusual battery in this light is difficult to find. I think Craig at The LED Museum did a review of this light.

capnal

Enlightened
I am getting one of those for my wife's keychain as soon as I can get back to Target. Hopefully this weekend.

I don't really mind the battery thing. I know she will not use it all that much. Besides, it is only like $9.99.

B@rt

Flashaholic
They are not very bright, but look nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The batts used in them can also be found at angler shops, (they are used in various lighted fishing lures).

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig Johnson wrote this LED Museum's review on the opto light 'if anyone is interested'. Looks like the same light to me.

In another discussion, IIRC, I believe it was revealed that the unusual chemistry of the battery required it to have a vent to react with air. I wish I could tell you the shelf life of this battery, as for EDPC, that might be good to know.

Mr. Johnson's review indicates that the light is "sprinkle resistant". He gave it three stars.

---------

- Jeff

gorn

Enlightened
I had one of these. I gave it to my son to hook to his parachute rig. They are very bright and use a lithium ion battery that goes for about $4 at Fry's electronics. The on off switch can't be "bumped" on. It is a twist type with an O ring so it is nice and snug.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have an evaluation of this flashlight right here if anybody is interested.
It isn't a bad little flashlight, but the unusual battery type, the dimmer than usual output, and its relative lack of water-resistance is what made me downgrade it to three stars.

O, let me go snag a photograph of that...BRB...

microe1.jpg

There's a cigerette on top, the flashlight itself in the center, and the BR435 lithium cell it uses at the bottom.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Those cells are available from your local Fry's for the same nose-bleed prices you might expect to pay for button cells.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The cells are BR435 lithium cells.

This light is very dim, beware!

It exists in two looks, the version mentioned above (called "Microlenser" originall) and a version called V2 Nano Lenser. The two versions are functionally identical.

ll_div.jpg

ll_v2_series.jpg

They are only available in red and direct driven from the cell. The beam is ringy and dim.

bernhard