Garrity led lights

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
Just saw a garrity light a friend had and it looked solid. Said he got it a Wal Mart for 15 dollars and included a case. Didn't get the specs on it or what kind it was but it was cheap. Are they good lights.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Yeah, I spoke with sean garrity a few months ago. He told me that they were looking into producing LED lights and especially producing lights to compete with M@gs but at a cheaper price point. He showed me some of his ican (one that looked like a THOR and a cool rubberized light) and a few of the LEDs. I was not to impressed with them (as far a light output) quality seem to be ok. I guess for non-flashaholics a light is a light is a light, huh?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have one Garrity LED flashlight that I know of.
Has a single 5mm white LED, faceted reflector, a positive lens on the bezel to tighten the beam up, and a three-LED battery strength meter.
The web page I made for it is right here if anybody is interested.

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
That's the one my friend had. What size is the led. I turned it on in a well lite store and was able to see a beam. It's cheap. Less that 14.00 dollars at Wal Mart.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I've got one as well. Compares favorably to the Brinkmann Long Life LED except with a more durable housing. If you unscrew the bezel and turn it on you get a beam comparable to that of a CMG Infinity Ultra. The aluminum LED Garrity is not a bad flashlight, but when you consider it's size and the fact that it uses only one 5mm Nichia LED it seems like such a waste space. They should have made it a 1watt Luxeon similar to Dorcy's.