M2 problem?

GutWrench

Enlightened
Hey guys i have an M2 fresh from the factory put the p61 lamp assembly in it and its got a ugly yellow tint!!! I have tried fresh batterys and its the same I even put in the p60 la and its even yellow? My 6p is alot brighter and whiter. What gives here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Do you have another flashlight able to use the P60/P61? If it's brighter and whiter, then call SF CS and see if they can help you replace the P61.

My experience with the P61 has been whiter and definitely BRIGHTER than the P60. Now that I've used LED's for about a year, incandescents appear yellow to me.

Flashdark

Enlightened
GutWrench,

You seem to have a good 6P. Start with that. Switch both M2 lamps into the 6P and see what it does (looking for a bad lamp assembly). Then go back to the good lamp assemblies in the 6P and put on the M2 tailcap and see what it does. Since you have already eliminated the batteries as the problem, it has to be one or the other. You could also reverse the process and take the good 6P parts, one at a time, and replace the M2 parts.

Unless something weird is going on, it has to be batteries, lamps, or tailcap. My money is on a bad contact in the tailcap. I know that there HAVE been bad lamp assemblies, but to get two in the same box for the same flashlight would require a black cloud above your head. I HAVE had a shorted battery before but you say you have eliminated this as a cause. From what you say, it sounds like a low voltage problem from a bad contact point. The question is - where is it?

Hope this helps.

GutWrench

Enlightened
Well guys i tried what Flashdark suggested and it looks like the tail cap is messed up. I changed it out with the 6p and walla bright beautiful light!!! If I twist the original cap that came with the M4 I can find a sweet spot and it works but flickers yellow to white. Going to call $urefire Monday. Wonder if they will give me credit on the broke tail cap towards a clickie? Thanks for the help fellas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear you got it fixes. I got a nice bonus in my last weeks pay check, sold a few trucks without my knowledge and was about to spring for one and maybe the upgraded head too.

GutWrench

Enlightened
Well $urefire is going to refund my money for the defective M2. I wanted to exchange it for an L4 but there on backorder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You would think they could keep up with demand as big a company they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif You guys want to recommend me a light as i will have the flow from the M2 return to spend on another light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GutWrench

Enlightened
Well I get the impression that they are. They sure do advertise like they are anyway. That statement wasnt to flame $urefire. I would just think that selling for the price they do they could afford to buy a few more CNC machines and hire a few more employees to turn out more lights. Just my own opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts