Interest level.

• CMG Infinity Ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inova X1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
This is like comparing apples to oranges isn't it? The CMG Ultra has a nice flood beam (great for up close/room illuminating photons)...and the Inova X1 has that tight 'fullmoon' type beam, giving one more throw.

Gotta have em' both!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
This is like comparing apples to oranges isn't it? The CMG Ultra has a nice flood beam (great for up close/room illuminating photons)...and the Inova X1 has that tight 'fullmoon' type beam, giving one more throw.

Gotta have em' both!

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD. VDG

PS,Is the old style CMG/gerber ultra in silver still available anywhere? I want to try one with the siver to see if it's got an effect on the beam. Plus I want a couple more too before the switch to the new ugly one. VDG

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
They are both good lights, but in different ways.

The Ultra is a great close-up flood. The X1 is a rather unique light, as it has zero sidespill. It's very good when you need an extremely tight beam.

They are both rather inexpensive, so definitely get them both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris:

I often use my slightly arched fingers to get a broad beam from my tightbeam lights. Place the light on your palm, bezel end toward the finger tips, and hold it there with your thumb. Arch the fingers slightly to get the reflected light just right. You can throw plenty of shadows with this technique. It's easier to get spill from a tightbeam light than to turn a broadbeamer into a thrower IMHO. Have fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both, I don't use the X1 so often as the Ultra.

The Ultra, I believe, has double of the runtime, is a general purpose floodlight. If you are in a dark room, the X1 will confuse you.

Anthony