Nightcutter flashlights?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see banner ad of Nightcutter flashlights on this site. Never owned one, but am curious if others do.

http://www.lightshipenterprises.net/

Anyone have these lights. How is build quality, beam quality, tint, etc compared to Surefire?

Recommended?

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

I have the 5C which I tend to use around the house all the time. It is very solidly built and compact. The tint is a bit on the purplish side much like my ARC AA and AAA.

I would recommend it highly.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nightcutter Chartlight (3 red LEDs in a red anodized 2XCR123 body) is a fairly nice piece of work. I needed to put a strip of Scotch satin tape over the LED's to smooth out the ringy beam. One of the LED's seems to be a bit dimmer than the other two (it's currently very comfortable to stare directly into them since I'm squeezing the last bit of juice out of some "dead" 123 cells). I may send it in for "tweaking". I also have a green LED 5C Sportlight ordered cuz I want to do a direct side-by-side comparison of output and beam configuration with my green Peak Hi-Power McKinley.

I have to say my favorite thing about the light is it's very compact form factor. It's also nice to take advantage of the free custom engraving offer.

NoShadow

Enlightened
I have the 5 LED in white and green and both are very functional lights. They ride well in the pocket and are easily operated with one hand. Turning them off by just an eight of a turn and pressing on the bezel gives you a momentary on function. Solid and nicely made. With both orders I had superlative service. I don't think you would be disappointed. Mine are the 5 LED Sport lights #NC005C.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the P20 Strategist yesterday, along with a belt holster. With any luck, I should have it by the end of the week. I'll let you know what I think of it.

NoShadow

Enlightened
Big Ed...Would love to hear what you think of it. I have been considering that one as well. Let us know. Thank you.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Nightcutter Sport with the 5 GREEN LED head which I've been EDCing for a while. I also have a 3 WHITE LED head and a 3 GREEN LED head. I really like these lights. I have the Chartlight (Sport body) with the 3 WHITE LED head which I carry around the house in my pocket, all the time.

Yesterday I accidently sent the Chartlight through the washing machine -- it had to happen sooner or later. After the full wash I pulled it out of the dryer when I heard the racket. Not one drop of water leaked into it in the washing machine!

Nice lights.

ReynolS

Newly Enlightened
These flashlights are quickly turning into my favorite light. They are nice and compact, for a 2 CR123 Cell light. They have a momemtary mode that you use by unscrewing the head from on about a 1/4 turn and then pushing on it sideways. It took me a while to get used to it though. They feel quite solid in their construction too.

I have two of the Sport Lights with all of the various combinations of the heads: 3 red, 3 white, 3 green, 5 white, 5 green, and 5 UV. I use the 3 red and 3 white mostly, as my around the house, at night light. I really like being able to change the heads depending on my mood and needs, white for reading, green for outside, and red for navigating the house at night when everyone is asleep.

I got the UV model because I've been scorpion hunting around my house. After a year and a half of living in my house in the Phoenix Arizona Valley, I've only seen one, and I want to make sure it stays that way. Scorpions REALLY light up under these things! Almost to the point of being freaky. The NightCutter UV light is quite a powerfull light, so I wear my sunglasses at night while using the light--without them, my eyes feel kinda wierd after using that light. Even though it's a dim purpleish color, you can tell there's a lot of light comming out of that thing. Like everyone says, "Don't look directly into a UV light as it could damage your eyes."

I bought the leather holster from NightCutter, however, it's a little too deep for the Sport lights and it is difficult to get them out once they are dropped in. I now use it for my Inova X5T, as it's a perfect fit for that light.

Scott

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my 5 green LED Sportlight and it's a real nice, bright light with pretty much similar output characteristics to my green Inova X5T, but significantly shorter. I don't EDC my X5T but do EDC the Sportlight because of it's nicer form factor. Actually, the Sportlight has more spill than I want that detracts from the beam (IMHO) so I put a little collar of black electrical tape around the bezel.

And BTW, the 5 LED Sportlight beats my 7 green LED High-Power Peak LED Solutions McKinley (1XCR123) in light output and beam quality. And it was cheaper.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the NIGHTCUTTERS come with a pocket clip or is this optional hardware? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

chiphead
----------------------
Anything with a chip in it.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
357, I have a 5CSI Deep UV (375NM) light. It is very well made. That particular frequency is all most invisible. What it reveals is interesting. Conterfeit bills, Biological stains of any kind. Crud or contamination of any kind. It super charges Glow in the dark watches fast. I have a PEAK UV light but that is 400 NM- does not have the same charateristics but also lights glow paint. Appears to have gasket on LED's as well.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

Latest posts