Can P90/91.........

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Yes, that would work. But if your R123s are protected cells, it might not work if the P90/91 tries to draw too much current. The protection will either stop the light from lighting up at or, or it'll cut off abruptly after a short time.

I think a member mentioned that the P91 will not light up with protected R123s

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Kelvin,

Nice to see your webpage growth so much, keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the P60/61/90/91 will all fit the C2/C3/M2/6P and other similar classic series lights with no modifications. If you're using unprotected R123s, then the P90 and P91 will both work.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the kind words, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The C2-90's my favorite EDC at the moment, running on two protected cells. Not sure if I want to do this on unprotected cells. (edit: P91 works on unprotected? Hmm.. having second thoughts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

The aluminium/Pyrex bezel 2-cell Surefire lights should all be able to take the P90, it's exactly the same size as a P60. The runtime tests on my cells were actually performed using a 6P-GM, but I use a C2 for EDC because I don't want to scratch the finish of the 6P.

knifebright

Enlightened
Yup i run a p91 in a vital gear fb2, e2c and a c bezel. I use two of the unprotected cells with my charger modd'd for 4.2 volts. works great but i'm not sure about run time. I figure about 12-15 minutes but i haven't had the need to check. Great little wow light.
jimmy

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I have some of those "Juice" R123s and don't know whether they are protected or not. They come off the "Juice" charger at 3.75 volts every time, regardless of how long they are charged.

Anyway, I'm thinking about trying them with a P90 bulb, but read elsewhere that this bulb would be underdriven and that this would have some detrimental effect. Would doing so decrease the life of the lamp?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had the opportunity to try, but I was theorizing about the KT2 with N2/MN10 on a 2-cell body with R123s, or the M3T Turbohead on a 2-cell with a "C2M" (doesn't exist) adapter.

Based on what I've seen I think the N2/MN10 would work, because their power drain characteristics are similar enough to the P90 - around 1 amp, designed to work on 7.5+ volts.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. They're all "C-series" lights - you can exchange bezels across the G2/C2/G2Z/6P/M2/D2/Z2/D3/C3/Z3 lights. (although there are some particular combinations that would really make people shake their heads and wonder why, like a G2 head on a M2.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

C2/C3 bezels are popular because they are HA3. 6Ps are only Type 2.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. The only problem I see then is that the SRTH only comes in black HA2. I might be able to live with that since it's cheaper too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could be fun a C2+SRTH+R123s.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is no such thing as HA2.

That's like saying "Hard Anodised SOFT"

There is no such thing as HA2. There's HA (which is HA Level 3) and then there's Level 2 which is standard, not hard.

Unless some anodising expert proves me wrong, the term "HAII" is rubbish (trash, utter tosh etc).

HAII is like saying Hard Anodised soft/weak/decoration.

SureFire state that their "HA" is Hard Anodised to Mil-A-8625 Type III Class 2.

Mil Spec Type II is sulphuric acid anodising which is usually dyed provides the very basic in corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, and dielectric properties.

Mil Spec Type III is sulphuric/oxalic acid anodising which produces a thick and dense "hardcoat". This "Hard Anodising" or hard coating provides excellent abrasion resistance and corrosion protection, but is often difficult to colour.

I hope this helps

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif But I like your description of my goof. Sounds kind of like a soft-boiled egg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess my point was it scratches more easily. Did I get that right Professor? Man I love learning situations where there are no written tests. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif