Polycotton drying speed?

Frangible

Enlightened
Just curious, does anyone know how polycotton compares to cotton, polyester, Coolmax, etc for drying speed? I couldn't find this info anywhere. Thanks.

Darkaway

Enlightened
Here's my totally unscientific response: I have several Fruit of the Loom pocket T shirts, some in 100% cotton and some in a cotton/poly 50/50 blend. The weight of both fabrics is roughly the same. I wash them together and hang them on the same line to dry. I'm not poor but I am a tree hugger so I avoid using my dryer whenever possible.

The startling result: The 50/50 shirts dry faster. Roughly 40% faster. I use these shirts for my multi day summer backpacking trips and I only carry two of them. I wash one in the afternoon after each day's march and it's dry and ready to go the next morning.

Subjectively, the feel of the blend is almost as soft and comfortable as the pure cotton one.

My Coolmax stuff dries faster than either one.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
My first thought upon reading the title of the thread....

Pollycotton drying speed? 65MPH, more or less.

I've been spending too much time debating speed limits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Daniel

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in a damp, humid area where things may not dry at all outdoors depending on the weather, especially cotton. I have been very impressed with fabrics like CoolMax and OmniDry. They can even be worn wet in a pinch.

Frangible

Enlightened
I love my Coolmax items-- I have some exercise clothing made out of it, and my baseball cap is 100% coolmax (very comfortable!). I have a couple polycotton coats though, and was just wondering how it compared.

Most all of my day-to-day clothing is 100% cotton, though.