NHL Lockout-Scott Gomez signs at home!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The NHL Lockout has given Scott Gomez a chance to sign on with his hometown team, "The Anchorage Aces"!!

For those of you that follow hockey a bit...Scott (only 24 years old and "hometown hero") was born in Anchorage, is a really nice guy and will be a welcome addition to our team!

I imagine when the "Lockout" is resolved, he'll be going back to the New Jersey Devils (he contributed to the two Stanley Cup wins in 2000 & 2003).

I don't know how many of you follow hockey, but this is exciting news for those of us in Alaska!

metalhed

Enlightened
Yeah...us Bakersfield Condors fans are really happy for you...we can only hope the strike ends soon (not likely tho').

Actually, through the first three games of the season, the Condors are looking pretty good...might make for some interesting games between the two teams.

BTW, it's nice to know there's a fellow ECHL fan around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: What a small world. I just noticed that Gomez played for the Tri-City Americans before he was drafted...and I was born in the Tri-Cities (Richland)...weird.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yep...small world indeed! I see Scott & the rest of the Aces will be visiting you on Nov 2, then they don't play Bakersfield again until Feb 2, I think. We're not doing too well "yet", it's early - "yeah, that's it"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Makes for a GREAT night of entertainment - for sure! From what I hear, tickets for the "Big Boys/Big Leagues" are "pretty spendy"!! This is a cool "down-home" league!