Inova T1, T2, T3 throw

yetiyeti

Newly Enlightened
Hi!
What can you tell me on the inova T1, T2, T3 throw. Do they reach say 50-100m(150-300feet)?
Thanks

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightreviews: [ QUOTE ]
Note that this also means the number listed for "throw" is how far in meters that the light can illuminate a surface with 1 Lux of light. 1 Lux is a pretty pathetic amount of light, so you'd want to use the flashlight at ranges of less than the listed number of meters under "throw".

[/ QUOTE ]

The throw numbers for the Inovas are:
T1: 24.49
T2: 26.93
T3: 45.83

(There were some errors re. the lux number in the past. This should be corrected by now.)

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
Inova claims a throwof 250 feet for the T3. I ...

just got one a week ago and it really does throw VERY well imho.

No disappointments at all.

Christopher

yetiyeti

Newly Enlightened
Re: Inova claims a throwof 250 feet for the T3. I ...

Elgarak what do these numbers mean?

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova claims a throwof 250 feet for the T3. I ...

Click on the link I provided in my first post, and everything should be explained.

The guy on flashlighreviews measured the lux in the beam center of all the lights he reviewed and took the square root of the lux readings. Result: A number twice as high means the light throws twice as far. Another way to put it is the sentence I quoted: The number means the distance (in meters) after which the light provides an illumination of 1 lux.

M

Newly Enlightened
How is it that the throw of the XO3 and the T3 can vary by approx. 10% (per Flashlightreviews' throw table) if they are the same light except for the switch and barrel machining? Can this difference be atrributed solely to differences in individual leds? Would this difference be perceptible to the eye? Thanks in advance.
Mike

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
XO3 vs T3: I have absolutely no idea. Maybe individual LED variations, maybe the batteries were not exactly the same charging status, maybe slightly different position of the optics (I have NOT observed any lens rattle with any of my Inovas, as other people incl. flashlightreviews have reported). I have both the T3 and XO3, and have compared them side by side with fresh Surefire batteries (batteries were from the same batch). Beams look indentical to me. There's only a slight tint variation (but with this we have to live, I guess). Unfortunately, I didn't had a lux meter at the time. Maybe when I change batteries the next time...

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I just received the T3. The throw is pretty impressive for an LED. It's comparable to my E2e, using strict testing procedures. (In other words, shining the lights at my dingy basement wall... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)