best price on 2100mah Sanyo or Energizer AA

RussH

Enlightened
While I've been happy with my Energizer 2300mah AAs in my radio, they aren't behaving well in my MR-X flashlight with it's 1.5 amp draw. My direct drive (low battery) light comes on after about 30 minutes of operation with the 2300mah NiMHs. My older 1800mah Dynacharge NiMHs run about 50 minutes before the DD light comes on and don't last very long after that. I get similar but slightly longer performance from my Dynacell 2050mah batts. The 2300mahs are apparently giving me the extra capacity in the radio.

It seems that the 2300mah batteries can't supply the high current without dropping too much voltage about 1/2 way thru the discharge cycle. So I'm shopping for the best quality batteries in the 2100mah range which seem to be Sanyo or Eveready made by Sanyo. So where can I get the best price? Is there some other hi-discharge AA battery I should consider? Note that the current setup is for 6 AAs in a 6AA to 2D holder (Electrolumens). Also my chargers are for individual cells so I would like to stay with button cells. But hey, I'm open for other suggestions as long as they will fit a 2D m@glight and work with the MR regulator.

Edit to add a related question: How do you tell the 15 minute charge Evereadys from the not so fast charge version?

Blikbok

Enlightened
I bought 2100s from tnrtechnical.com for $2 each plus ~$5 shipping.

However, I am curious about the source of your question. First, do your Energizers have letters stamped on the negative end?

How many times have these 2300s been cycled? What charger are you using?

I definately consider the Sanyos of any capacity to be the best cells around. The 2300, 2100, and 1700 appear identical in behavior (save for different capacities) at high discharge rates. I am not aware of the 2300 Sanyos being "fragile", so this is why I am curious.

http://www.users.on.net/~mhains/Bestbuys.html
Agrees with me.

I used to buy the high-end Maha cells, and low-end throwaways, now I just buy Sanyo for everything.