Interested?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure that many of you have seen the post on the E head modded with an Aleph LE on a VG1 body. With this mod, the LE remains fully compatible with the whole Aleph series of lights. Although this mod does fall a bit short of the performance of the Aleph II, it is smaller. The E head mod on a VG1 body comes in at around 3" and it's thickest part is the hex on the bezel. It's really small and some might have a use for it. Here the thread on the original mod... E1e Mod

I'm thinking of getting some VG1 bodies and E series heads to be able to offer a complete light including an LE if you need one. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

Thanks,

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, definitely interested!
LuxIII / BB400
Just send the call and paypal will fly your way!
ahem ... how much will it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

akula88

Enlightened
Tony, depending on cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm in! Aleph-2's cost comparison easily would come into self-discussion vs the E1e-hex mod.

I'm really trying to look for an alternative of my KL1/700/so17xa because of the heat. LuxIII/BB400 or MMLite? would be nice option.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah crap, I just did the math. I can mod your head for $120 including priority shipping with insurance or I can provide a complete light for $165 shipped. This price comes too close the an Aleph II to be practical, as it doesn't even come with a two stage tail cap.

Oh well, I might throw a couple together anyway.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I shold have added this. The price above includes $20 for me to do what needs to be done to the head. If you have a light engine and just want your head modded, I'll do it for $25 including shipping.

HgRyu

Enlightened
Can you mod E1E head to accept sandwich ?
I think this would be more practical for many owners of various sandwich and E1E or E2E.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm already spread thin with the mods that I have going. The last thing I need to do is open a NEW can of worms. I'm sure that it can be done to accomodate the stock reflector, but I don't think it will work with the IMS reflector.

akula88

Enlightened
Tony,
I presume that the above quote mod amount would be for complete stripping of HA and 'hex'.

How much for retaining the stock bezel look -- meaning an LE + reflector fitted to the stock bezel?

Flatscan

Enlightened
akula88, I'm pretty sure the price given is for the stock look, IMS SO17XA, and LE.

The "Chop's Own" version described in the thread houses a cut-down McR (don't remember what size), additional modification to the head to let it fit (which exposes bare aluminum), HA removal by bead-blasting, and turning off the hex. Lots more work.

I'm interested in the finished light, but since I have my own Exe heads and plenty of bodies, I'll get the head mods now (soon), and pick up a VG-1 on my own.