FlashlightReviews.com down for a bit!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All -

Just wanted to announce that my site will be going down at some point this week for up to 48 hours - moving the site to some BRAND SPANKING NEW DOMAIN SPACE!!! Let's hope we don't go over the bandwidth limits!!!

YEA!!!! No more piggybacking on AT&T's web space!

Flashlight Enthusiast
love your great site. I'll miss it greatly even if its down for "just" 48 hours.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe now with your own domain you can use some of those dynamic web ads and make some money from your work? They dont typically work unless you own the domain.

Man, if I had a collection anywhere near you guys I wouldnt get anything done. Be too busy flashing the lights on the wall to see which is brightest, then clicking them frequenly to see if they still work and maybe flashing them in my eyes.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
then clicking them frequenly to see if they still work and maybe flashing them in my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I accidently flashed my Surefire 9P with P90 bulb in my eyes while examining the reflector. I was seeing blury dark spots for a good 15 minutes afterwards. Very bright light!

junior

Enlightened
Hey quick beam, when are you going to review the Brinkman Maxfire 123 that has poped up at all the Walmarts?

Also, love your website

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
AHHHH ITS THE SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!! NOOOOO WHAT AM I GONNA DO WHEN I FINISH MY HOMEWORK FROM NOW ON AHHHHHH WHY WHY?????

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
EVEN FOR 2 DAYS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Hey quick beam, when are you going to review the Brinkman Maxfire 123 that has poped up at all the Walmarts?"

As soon as one "pops up" at one of MY walmarts! None yet...

Well, the RoadRunner DNS servers havn't updated yet, so I can't upload the site to the new webspace yet.... Hopefully tonight we'll get the dreaded "HTTP 404 page not found" which means the DNS is pointing to the empty webspace where I will be placing the site.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, can anyone see the new location's pages? The main index page should have a big bright yellow section at the top. I still cannot see it from here - I guess the dns servers still aren't updated here.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Looks like it's loading here.... I see the following in the yellow section:

FlashlightReview.com is now hosted in a new location!

If you are reading this message, you've gotten to the new location!

We have now moved to our new domain host! This means that any directly-linked to pages will need their links updated, for retailers, etc. who have links directly to some reviews from their sales pages.

Anything linked with "http://flashlightreviews(#).home.att.net/reviews/reviewname.htm" will now be "http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/reviewname.htm"

This will be a PERMANENT change and will take place between Oct 25 - Oct 30

Any directly linked-to pages will remain until about November 20.

03lab

Enlightened
It's loading, but index1.html still crashes my browser. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif That's probably my ads filter though.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks all! That's great that you are all seeing the new page, because I'M STILL NOT! Jerks at Roadrunner..... Do they have their DNS servers update on a monthly basis or something??? sheesh!

At work, however, I can see the new pages.

If you are using Safari, it will crash for some reason on the index1 page. If you can figure it out, I'll correct it, but I am not running Safari so I don't know what is going on. I don't want to make random changes in the hopes that it fixes the problem. Best I can recommend is use IE or Mozilla.

03lab

Enlightened
Ok, so it's not "pithhelmet" than. I'll take a look at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most everything`s just fine, but the home page definately has something untoward lurking in its code. I havn`t been in through the front door for a little while, usually go right to the reviews when you post them here, so don`t know when this first started. When going from the link in your sig to the index page, then entering to the home page, I get this:

http://torchreviews.net/cpf/frscreengrab.jpg (1024x768 screen grab).
This is using Firefox 0.10.1.

But after visiting any other page from the side menu, then hitting my "Back" button, it comes up just fine. Same problem happens if I use the link at the top of the inner pages to go back home. Again, the Back button works fine though. There`s a lot going on in your code including stuff that I havn`t yet been involved with (Javascript, etc) so can`t really help debug it, but thought you needed to know.

Everything else is top quality as usual.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all! It's finally coming up the way it's supposed to.

ChrisM - yea, I get the same thing here with firefox. Just hit refresh once on the page and it fixes itself for that session. I've got to figure that one out.

It is SO much better to make changes to the site with it all on one server. Now I just have to crack the whip and get going on all the flashlights that came in - between 10-20 reviews coming soon!!!!

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I have a little problem with Firefox...
The main site's text doesn't show up or anything. I have to use IE to see any updates, not fun. (the side bar works though) anyone else have this problem?