Grease on brand new L2 reflector?

dc

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPFers,
I just bought a new L2 and to my disapppointment, i found grease on the reflector.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I had email surefire on this issue and in the meantime, would just like to know is it possible to access the reflector to clean off the grease cos i tried all my might but dun seem to able to unscrew the front part off.

I really dreaded sending the torch back to surefire cos i'm not in the states and i would lose both time & money sending the torch back and fro to them.

Sorry, i'm new to torch so not very technically inclined on the various terms.

Sad...so much for a premium torch.

Rgrds,
DC

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear about one of your L2's.
Does it disrupt the beam? (Any chance of the photo?)

I don't suggest you try to clean it yourself. The Bezels are not intended to be taken apart.

Al

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I think it's really not advisable to try to clean the reflector by yourself. It is more likely that you'll end up damaging/scratching the coating of the reflector in the process of trying to clean it.

I think sending it back to Surefire would be the better option, besides, opening up the bezel yourself will probably void any warranty that Surefire will provide for it. So in the event that you have to send it back to Surefire anyway, it'll be a double whammy if you scratch up the reflector and Surefire voids the warranty.

dc

Newly Enlightened
Hi fellows,
Thks for the various suggestion. The grease spot actually dun affect the beam outline cos it's quite near the edge. However, i'm more worry on long term implication cos the grease may eat into the reflector coating and of cos it's look unsightly.

It seem tht surefire want me to return the thing but they doesn't state shipping is on them. I'm in the opinion that i bought brand new and got this lemon, i shouldn't be the 1 bearing the shipping charges to get it rectified. Anyway, got to wait for their reply regarding this issue.

Frankly, this is my first surefire light and i really disappointed with them though mine could be an isolated case. I guess next time i should just buy from a local dealer where i got to see and test the light first albeit at
a higher price to get more assurance from this kind of lemon incident.

To be fair, apart from that grease spot, everything on the L2 ooze quality and it's bright and white.

DC

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
DC, where did you buy it from?

If you got it from the US, then email & ask them if you can send it back through Sheares Marketing, the local dealer.

dc

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
DC, where did you buy it from?

If you got it from the US, then email & ask them if you can send it back through Sheares Marketing, the local dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cyril,
I think its not really nice for me to ask Sheares to sent the thing back to US cos i dun bought mine from them. Anyway, if surefire insist on me to bear shipping cost to sent them the light, then i guess i will play with it for awhile before doing it. There is really nothing wrong with the light, its just that spot of grease... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Anyway, i am kinda of lost faith in surefire product and their customer service liao...They reply like programmed robot.

DC

suppin

Newly Enlightened
That's Cyril, not Albert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My experience with Surefire has been great so far, they reply promptly and do what they can to help with the problem. The last bit in the email is probably a signature of some sort, their replies have been great to me so far.

dc

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
suppin said:
That's Cyril, not Albert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My experience with Surefire has been great so far, they reply promptly and do what they can to help with the problem. The last bit in the email is probably a signature of some sort, their replies have been great to me so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i just got to wait for their reply and see lor. I guess the L2 head is not really a cheap part so they never offer to send me a replacement, instead they ask me to send the torch back..If they insist to ship the torch back to them at my cost, then i will take my time on it cos no diff. to me since it's a lifetime warranty and the grease dun affect the fabulous output of the torch at all.

Also, u got yr grease?

DC

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I seriously doubt that they'll send you a replacement...

Yeah just got it, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif