• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: New single-AA battery MiniMag mod SOLD & CHAT

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
One new copper single-AA MicroMag (that is what I call 'em) that I had made from a local machine shop. It has the stock reflector, bulb, switch and holster. It does work dimly with a single AA battery but needs the electronics to really make it shine (bad pun).

It sells for $27 in the U.S. The first "I'll take it!" and a PM to me gets the 1AA copper MiniMag.

micromag_bunch.jpg

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: New single-AA battery MiniMag mod- copper

I don't know about that. I'll have to check to see if the light works with an Opelec Newbeam too.

PM sent-back.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The copper MicroMag is still available.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

I'll take it, this will eventually be good for an HD pill, right?
daloosh

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pills and Sandwiches-the light eats them all.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

So this is what you dropped your twoj minipro into, and how is it? Enquiring minds want to know!

PM on the way.
daloosh

red_robby

Enlightened

did I mention how much I like that picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you counted how many Mags are there yet? I don't even know.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was thinking of putting together a whole kit for the MicroMag. The kit would have the MicroMag (of course), a Sandwich, a 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery and a homebrew, house charger that would charge two batteries at a time in a parallel circuit and have a battery indicator. I have all the parts and the chargers are built. It wouldn't be cheap but it would be a first-class light...a lot of light in an EDC form. I might use one of my special color MicroMags to show the light is a special edition.

Of course you could use the 14500 battery and charger with other lights.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Cool, haveblue!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

daloosh

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aaaak...double post. This was when cpf when down. Sorry.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The MicroMag SE kit would look something like this:

micromag_14500_and_charger.jpg

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

You may not get much response since the topic on this has changed. But any way, the kit sounds great. And of course you should still offer the charger with/without batteries too.

I would try for max brightness, or max run time, as we alredy have two other people offering and abotu to offer a Peak AAA mod and a Mag solitar mod. Both with rechargable solutions, and of course both with luxeons.

mapson

Enlightened

Any more micro-minimags for sale?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've found the advantage to the cut 2AA Mag besides the obvious smaller and easier to carry around light is the versatility of the mod. There are a lot of options in the 2AA MiniMag and all those options will fit in the 1AA MicroMag. So the MicroMag can easily option through an "a la carte" system. You have choices with the MicroMag. A single 1.5-volt AA battery will fit or go deluxe for the single 3.6-volt, rechargeable 14500 Li-ion cell. A Badboy or Madmax with optics, and their variations, or a MiniPro with a reflector or SMD electronics with optics are possible to give each MicroMag a different "personality". A Kroll switch still works with a MicroMag. Any item that fits the 2AA Mini works with the 1AA Micro. It'll be interesting when I permanently put a C Mag head on the Micro barrel.

The MicroMag owner chooses how much they want to go with a mod and how much to spend. And he can take a week or a year to build up the light. The option as you go and how much to option gives this light an advantage over other mods and lights being made.

Another advantage to the Micro is replacement parts are easy to find and cheap to buy. A store is always nearby to get the standard parts. Other mods are usually specific and limited in options. One year from now the light and the parts might not be available to replace or repair.

Another advantage is the steal-ability factor. People would be more likely to steal a "super-evil" looking light than a common Maglite. A MicroMag proves that beauty is only "skin deep" and it is what is inside the light is what counts.

Fancier lights are fun but the MicroMag is my choice for EDC. Today I was signaling a fellow worker half a parking lot away as to where I was using the little Micro. He thought I was using a really white 4D Maglite. When I work I travel light (oh, bad pun).

Yes, I do have more MicroMags.

I wonder if I should modify the title of this tread slight to indicate a small chat with the MicroMag. Right now I think it is a small, exclusive cell group chatting. But that is nice too.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

TWO double posts on this thread...aaak, AGAIN! Too much coffee for me tonight.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didnt know you were building chargers. i made a ghetto adapter to charge my 14500's in my R123 Charger that i got from 4sevens in the group buy. I do love my pewter minimini mag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shane

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haveblue, well stated. I boguht the micro-mag because I do have so many options to go with it. If the Lambda pill falls through, then I have many back up plans. In fact I may get a high power badboy to drop in this to compare the two. Then i may want another host after I see what this can do, and others start seeing what it can do to.

Oh, I don't know how many more micromags you have, but you might want to open a new thread showing them all. Or then again if you don't sell them all, then when I want more I will have some.