Streamlight 3C-XP

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yep.

Nice tight (if you like that sort of thing) Xenon beam activated through a momentary/on/off switch, and nice 3LED flood activated through a seperate on/off switch.

I put Writeright on mine, smoothing out the beam.

I find if I am going out to walk the dog or look around the house, I keep the LEDs on and my thumb on the Xenon switch.

Initially I was disappointed in the build/fit/finish of the light but I have mellowed considerably.

The 3C XP is a light I happily recommend!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the input, PBJS!

i am considering a light for my bro-in-law, who just purchased a 2.5 acre plot.

i wanted something that would allow both a walking light and some throw when needed.

the TT3c and the 3cxp were both contenders.
the dual switch of the 3c seems pretty cool...i wonder if the xp is brighter (xenon) than the TT3c?

Bob

Steve C

Enlightened
The wife won of these as a door prize.

At first, I was unimpressed. But she began using it around the house, and I now realize it is a near-ideal light for that purpose. It is lightweight and handy. The LEDs are great for putzing around in a dark closet, bedroom, or other dimly-light/dark areas in the house. The Xenon is plenty enough for general-purpose outside work.

Basically, it is a good light-duty flashlight. I would want something else for hard use, though.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It is more focused than the TT3C could ever HOPE to be.

So therefore it IS brighter at least to my eyes.

You wouldn't want to use it to clunk a head, but I don't know what "hard use" means to Steve C.

I'd use it for most outdoor stuff for sure.

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
I JUST RECEIVED BOTH A STREAMLIGHT TT-3C AND A 3C-XP.

I LIKE THE 3C-XP BY FAR OVER THE TWIN TASK.
PERSONALLY, I NEVER REALLY CARED FOR THE TWIN TASKS
SWITCHING. YOU HAVE TO CYCLE THROUGH ALL THE MODES TO TURN ON AND IF YOU ARE IN THE LOW LED SETTING, YOU HAVE TO GO TO HI LED AND THEN INCAN., THEN OFF.

THE 3C HAS THE 2 INDEPENDENT SWITCHES FOR LED AND INCAN.
IF YOU SUDDENLY WANT TO TURN OFF THE LIGHT, IT'S 1 EASY CLICK. IF YOU ARE USING LED AND WANT THE XENON ON, IT'S ONE CLICK. THEN YOU CAN TURN IT OF AND THE LEDS ARE STILL ON.
YOU NEVER HAVE TO BE IN COMPLETE DARKNESS AS YOU CYCLE THROUGH MODES TO GET BACK TO THE LEDS.

ALSO, THE PLASTIC CASE OF THE 3C IS A LOT NICER ON BARE HANDS IF YOU ARE USING IT IN THE DEAD OF WINTER.
IF THE LIGHT IS LEFT IN THE TRUNK AT XERO DEGREES AND YOU HAVE TO USE IT WITHOUT GLOVES YOU'D APPRECIATE NOT HAVING A COLD ALUMINUM LIGHT TO HOLD ONTO!

BOTH ARE NICE, BUT THE 3C IS A BETTER CHOICE UNLESS YOU ARE BUYING IT TO CLUNK PEOPLE IN THE HEAD WITH!

Steve C

Enlightened
<<...you have to cycle through all the modes..>>

That sounds rather bizarre; and a PITA too.

Joe, regarding what hard use means to me, you're pretty close to the mark... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

It is indeed a tight, focused beam on incan.

Latest posts