T3 or M6-LED?

davidra

Enlightened
And no, I can't buy both right now. Best price for the M6LED seems to be Battery Station. What about the T3? Also, does anyone actually have and sell the X03? Is the only difference the case?

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Battery Station has great prices, and is CPF-friendly. Great guys, they are.

The T3 can be had for a great price ($55.96 & free shipping) from www.islandsecuritystore.com. The only real difference between it and the X03 is the clickie tailcap and the knurling on the body.

davidra

Enlightened
And a newbie question....what is a 124A battery, and will 123's work in a T3?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the Pelican M6 LED. Beam quality is amazing (IMO, equals or surpasses many Surefire models), and you get both throw and side spill.

The optics that the Inovas use produce a powerful hotspot, but a useless and artifact filled (ringy) corona. If your into throw only, you'll like the Inova, if not go with the Pelican.

suppin

Newly Enlightened
davidra,
I'm pretty sure it's a typo, the T3 runs on 123s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dukester,
As far as I know the PM6 LED is not a regulated light, the runtime chart for it shows decreasing output over time, not a constant output.

The PM6 has great beam quality: a good hotspot that throws pretty well, and very useful sidespill. The T3 will out-throw the PM6, but it will have little, if any sidespill, just a bright hotspot. I guess it really depends on the purpose you're using it for, or if you're a throw/spill guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: clarified in post that I was referring to PM6 LED

popsgee

Newly Enlightened
The M6-LED is not regulated, but the output curve of Li batts are relatively flat anyway. It has amazing output for a 1 W luxeon.

Flashlight Enthusiast
And while the PM6 LED is not regulated, for the first 1.5-2 hours the output is excellent.

My experience (having gone through 3 sets of batteries) on this EDC P6LED , is that the output does not decline noticably until after 2 hours--which is respectable runtime for the type of light.

So, expect about 2 hours of excellent output, and then (depending on the brand of batteries) output begins to nosedive.

Boris

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
Battery Station has great prices, and is CPF-friendly. Great guys, they are.

The T3 can be had for a great price ($55.96 & free shipping) from www.islandsecuritystore.com. The only real difference between it and the X03 is the clickie tailcap and the knurling on the body.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see the 'free shipping' option...

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Boris said:
I don't see the 'free shipping' option...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the sale ended. As of the time I posted the above message, it was still in effect.

Glad I got in when I did!

JML

Enlightened
I have the X03 and the M6-LED. The X03 makes the M6-LED look dim and yellow. Out of doors, the X03 kills the M6 (which I loved enough to buy 3). The rings give enough spill to be useful.

Indoors, for close-up use, maybe the M6. But the quality of the Inova is superior to the Pelican - better anodizing and finish.

davidra

Enlightened
Well, according the throw/brightness charts, they're actually pretty similar. I was looking for something with decent throw, in about that price range, and the PM6 has had a lot of positive comments, even though intially I was looking for a III or 5 watt...

Heabob

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I love my PM6, (don't have a T3....yet)

Good outside light, with enough side spill to avoid stumps, etc., and beam will reach out +100', I had 4 lights sold to
friends at work after showing them mine outside in dark. (will be used for hunting/tracking)
Also: (tactical 1" body will fit scope rings)