Thank You Red Sox!!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
....after 86 long and heart breaking years, we finnally did it!!!! Thanks and Congrats guys!!!

The curse is no more!!!

Go Sox!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I agree! Although I don't know if he stayed up long enough to see the end, I'm grateful my Dad and Mom as well, got to experience a Red Sox team win a World Series. I always wished my grandfather(died when I was six) would have lived longer so I could have asked him if he remembered when they won in 1918 as he was a teenager then.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
I'm very impressed as to how they did it.
8 consecutive wins!! I can't say I've seen any team do that many in post season. But then again, I'm not the biggest baseball fan..find it kinda dull.

One of the greatest sports stories of all time, no doubt! The Red Sox completed the greatest comeback in sports history, IMO. Congrats to the Red Sox Nation! It's a wonderful thing to see The Curse die! They deserve every bit of congratulations they get.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very happy the Sox won.

But.....

The World Series was sort a let down. After two excellent LCS (NL and AL) that lasted 7 games, I was hoping for a World Series that went 7. Instead, its a pretty lopsided 4 game sweep--with the exception of game 1 which could have went either way.

This goes to show that pitching is in fact the most imporant aspect of the game--as those of us that follow baseball religously know). Offensively, the Cards and Sox are very close. But, the Sox have the superior pitching staff, and it showed in this series (except game 1).

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am kinda with 357... I wanted the Red Sox to win, but I hated it being a blow out. I like comptetion when my team is not involved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... But yea, I am happy they won.

Cameron

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see you guy's points. I'm glad my Sox won and got it over with but at the beginning of the series, I was thinking how neat it would be to have a game 7 in Boston on Halloween with all the marbles on the line. I'm always a bit sad when the baseball season is over regardless of which teams are in the world series.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
I was rooting for the Red Sox but i thought it would have been 'sweeter' if they had won in Boston instead of St. Louis.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
They must be SO excited to know that they'll win again, . . . in 2090. My hat is off to them. Now they can get a haircut and a shave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i hate baseball i realy try to watch it but i have no atention span for it.now football is my sport.or boxing.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
opps i hope i didnt sound mean im glad the soxs won. but more glad its over lol

CiTY

Enlightened
I lived in Boston years ago, for many years. I'm a "closet fan", hoped they win, but never expected much. Glad they finally won. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif