Maglite Mutants?

Steve C

Enlightened
Please forgive my cynicism, but that site looks like a poor man's Sharper Image... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quality Products OnLine????? Hmmmmm.....

Toadly, where in our miserable state are you?

I'm in Baton Rouge...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if it is the same thing, but it looks similar to some far east flashlight I saw the other day in a shop, except that one was an incandescent. The made-in-the-far-east light looks so much like a Mag I did a double take thinking they'd changed the packaging. Looks like their lawyers are gonna have their hands full.

steve_vance

Enlightened
This guy has been around for a while, but the website is new. Previous website was www.luxeonflashlights.com, also www.ledgeeks.com. Iv'e talked to the owner Steve (forget his last name). He's a nice guy. I've ordered from them; they delivered as promised.

Why is it that everytime a new dealer/manufacturer comes around, but they're not one of the "CPF Elite" (Arc, Peak, Surefire) that we question their credibility / honesty? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve,
Maybe it's the quality of the diamond led replacements are not very good color quality that the CPF community is used to. Now if a given vendor sells products with quality binned LEDS in their products then they will have a good reputation.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Nitroz said:
Steve,
Maybe it's the quality of the diamond led replacements are not very good color quality that the CPF community is used to. Now if a given vendor sells products with quality binned LEDS in their products then they will have a good reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were also some Jeer posts regarding getting replacements from Diamond after one of their heads suddenly up and died after a few hours, and other people reporting the quality of the replacement bulb wasn't up to snuff as far as regulation itself went.

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
Greetings Steve
I'm in West Monroe.

[ QUOTE ]
.... our miserable state...

[/ QUOTE ]

I must concur. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif