Anybody into Archery?

HunterSon

Enlightened
I am just getting into archery and was wondering if there are CPF members who hold the same interest.

I have a Hoyt Gamemaster take down recurve on it's way and can't wait to get shooting with it. My current bow is a Martin Lynx take down recurve.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've not shot in years, but it's a GREAT sport! Both my wife and I started out with competition setups, changed over to hunting rigs. If you have an indoor range to use during the winter, it sure is nice!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
im not really although i have shot a few times
dad is an archery nut though - has two compounds at the moment - used to shoot a black widow recurve
he pretty much dissapears all day on saturdays.

Wildcat

Enlightened
I have just recently acquired an interest in starting. I had a bow when I was a kid and we'd play in the woods all day. I'm wanting to get a recurve also. Were can I find info on getting started?

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Haven't shot in 3-4 years easy (wish I could get around working weekends), but a great pastime, my 2 closest friends & I left the girlfriends/wives at home pretty much every weekend a 3D shoot was scheduled anywhere within 200km of home. Outdoors was almost always traditional/instinctive using bows friends had made, while indoors one friend & I shot compound. I shot a Pearson target bow, freestyle unlimited (all the bells & whistles, stabilizers, V-bar, 4" overdraw, 6X scope with a 2X peep). IMHO the traditional guys are WAY MORE FUN to shoot with (we never kept score) but the unlimited stuff was incredibly challenging (talk about an expensive hobby though!!!!).

Wildcat, if you were in my area (even some of the northern states south of Ontario) I might be able to point you to a couple of organizations but don't know anyone in texas. Try Googling "archery for beginners" or "texas archery clubs" and start reading, there's actually quite a bit of info online and check your local colleges & rec centers for lessons/leagues, you'll find something! Feel free to PM if you have questions, I'll gladly help if I can.

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
I LOVE archery and used to be pretty decent at it, but I haven't shot in probably close to 10 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Would love to get back into it, though!