c2m adapter ????

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.

I noticed during a search that the idea of a possible c2m adapter was being toyed with.

Has anyone produced one yet, or has a lack of interest killed the idea?

Thanks

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can find an E2M, you could do this:

e1e-kl6.jpg

Red

Newly Enlightened
For me, the real use of a C2M adapter is to use M-heads on an old 9P, because I don't like the M3 body.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
DSpeck was the one inquiring about interest sometime ago. He had thought about producing them.

I'd like to run a kl6 on a p9 or a M2 with extender. Also I have a m3turbo head I picked up at a gun show, but no body to host it.

I Googled this to death last night and came up empty. Maybe we can interest one of the modders to machine some up.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come to think of it, there is another use for the C2M adapter. Project C2-90 (in my sig) runs a Surefire P90 lamp using 2xR123 in a C2 body. Drop in a MN10 or MN15 LA and two of JSB's R123s - you're good to go - on a two cell platform. Two-cell, 125 lumen turbohead, reach out and LIGHT something! This is quite an improvement considering the KT1 2-cell turbohead only delivers 65 lumens. You really need to step up to a KT2 or M3T for high output options.

I've seen what happens when Surefire engineers a throw light, and I must say I am impressed. If they can make a Luxeon 3 scream for all it's worth in a tiny 1" bezel with TIR optic, just imagine what the full blown turbohead systems can do.

The reason why you can't use the stock M2 without a C2M adapter is that the M2 uses the same threading as the C2/6P/C-series lights. An M2 would thus need the C2M and and the M3 bezel as well.

Red

Newly Enlightened
I think that DSpeck would be too busy for just a few.

He always has multiple projects going, and all of them involve high numbers of finished product. If he had to make a small number, he would have to absorb the cost of setup.

I once asked him to make me something. He eventually did so, and it was beautifully made, but it took 8 months, and he had to break into some of his regular work to get it done, even after 8 months.

I think he just has too much work for something that he has to design and set up, only to run a few items.

If he would agree to do it, I would be happy to order 4.
But I have my doubts that he could be convinced to take on another very small job at this time.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
I guess that answers my question. As I see noone is making these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I realize there is limited demand though.

I know I can make something crude to get the job done, but don't have the equiptment or experience to make it pretty.

I suppose I really wanted that m3 anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif