my neighbor, the budding flashaholic

turbodog

Flashaholic
Moseyed on over the one of the neighbors that I had not met yet. We spoke briefly, and I noticed 6-8 halogen lights on his lawn mower and 2 aircraft landing lights on his motorcycle.

This has possibility.

They're hosting a neighborhood cookout and bonfire Saturday night. I'm currently deciding what light(s) to take to most impress attendees.

Wish I had the 10 gazillion MC mod available.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
he might be impressed with itty-bitty...and BRIGHT!

dont people have fireflies with BB750's and lux3's?

or the aleph2 with 1x123 and BB1000 or something (cant remember the milliamps, but i remember someone playing with the rechargeable 123 pushing some major power)?

god...to think that a tiny light like that can put out...what, 75+ lumens?

amazing!

Bob

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
a 2 c cell maglight modded with cr123a's and a special bulb.
when he try's to show you his d cell mag light you show him your's
and you just tell him that his must be defective.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I wonder if anyone has tried to mod a 2D mag with 2-3toD AA converters and a 6v high output halogen bulb like those in the million zillion gazookillian candlepower spotlights. I got an old sears stainless steel 2D light with metal reflector and glass lens that may work with something like that.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
I wonder if anyone has tried to mod a 2D mag with 2-3toD AA converters and a 6v high output halogen bulb like those in the million zillion gazookillian candlepower spotlights. I got an old sears stainless steel 2D light with metal reflector and glass lens that may work with something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif
Sorry. Yes, it's been done.

May I recommend doing a search on the username Ginseng, and terms like Mag1185, Mag1160, MoMag, Aurora. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
My neighbor was fascinated with my mini mug BB650/luxIII (with SO17XA). I mentioned battery life is pretty short. He asked if there were any other options. I hooked him up with a MM lite WO with Lux I SO17XA. He loves it. Battery life is very good with that combo.
TURBODOG
Maybe an EL Tri Star would be able to impress people.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Interesting mods, but I may try the cheaper route and use my idea, I think I already have the 3toD converters all I would need is a 6V halogen bulb I can buy at walmart probably.