• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: Aleph 2 + 1x123, nickel chrome plated

kj

Enlightened
Hi all,

As I wrote in another thread, I made nickel chrome plated Aleph flashlights for my own use.

Aleph_2_NiCr.jpg

Aleph_2_NiCr_with_Tools.jpg

Now, because there are some interested in this finish, I'm thinking about offering this finish of Aleph flashlights to CPF'er.

I'm planning to make 10 of these and I estimate the price can be the street price + $50 at maximum. This includes the shipping charge from Japan with insurance and the PayPal fee. Sorry, I cannot fix the price right now because it depends on the exchange rate, tax, etc.

If you think the price is steep, I'll leave this project to someone in U.S. I believe you can find a plater to do this cheaper than my cost, which includes the overseas shipping charges and tax.

Well, if I do, I would like to limit the configuration to Aleph 2 + 1x123 + McE2S. Do you guys want a complete flashlight (including the LE, McE2S switch module, rubber boot and plastic washer) or just need the exterior pieces of aluminum? If you are still interested, please state what you want in this thread. If I build the LE, it will be Nexgen + TX0J or TW0J.

Thanks,
Kenji

bajaiman

Enlightened
Re: Feeler: Aleph 2 + 1x123, nickel chrome plated

I know my wallet gonna hate me for this but I'M IN for the parts (aleph 2, body and tailcap) in chrome plated....I'm just a sucker for something shiny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

For clairification, Is the price of the origonal hardware included or is this just for the plating service and return shipping itself?

Shane

kaseri

Enlightened

I'm interested in having some Aleph exterior parts plated.

Flatscan

Enlightened

I'm in for the parts only.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested in the TK version with a TWOJ if possible. Dumb question tho, does this kind of chrome rust? Oh and no overseas shipping since I'm already here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks,
LT
(edit: An Aleph 1 + 1x123 would be cool too.)

Kiessling

Flashaholic

One complete light for me with a NG500 McE2S-15, please!
thanx kj!
bernhard

kj

Enlightened

LT,

Anything will rust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joking aside, the chrome itself is very hard and corrosive resistant. Also, it was double nickel plated so its corrosion resistivity should be good. However, since it's a plating and the base material is aluminum, I think there is a chance of peeling / delaminating the plating from the base in long run.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

KJ,

I am in for one complete aleph 2 (1x123) Nickel Chrome plated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like Bernie with a NG500 McE2S-15, please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How do I have to make for the order ?

Many thanks !

jhung

Newly Enlightened

I'd like one TK aleph.

daz

Newly Enlightened

Put me down for one TK NG500
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cy

Flashaholic

pm sent

kj

Enlightened

OK, over 10 people are interested so I would like to close this offer.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>bajaiman Aluminum parts only
Flatscan Aluminum parts only
this_is_nascar TK (Nexgen 500mA, TX0J, McE2S 15ohm) x2
flashlight Aluminum parts only
Lunal_Tic TK (Nexgen 500mA, TX0J, McE2S 15ohm)
Kiessling TK (Nexgen 500mA, TX0J, McE2S 15ohm)
ensig TK (Nexgen 500mA, TW0J, McE2S 15ohm)
FrenchyLed TK (Nexgen 500mA, TX0J, McE2S 15ohm)
jhung TK (Nexgen 500mA, TX0J, McE2S 15ohm)
daz TK (Nexgen 500mA, TW0J, McE2S 15ohm)
</pre><hr />

Lunal_Tic and jhung, please specify the output of the Nexgen.

I would like to use TX0J for people who didn't specify the bin. X0 should be pure white and a little cooler than W0. I actually prefer this bin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Regarding the McE2S, I'm going to use 15 ohm resistor board for all TKs.

I will not take payments until I'm ready to ship the package. I think it will take two to four weeks to ship.

Lastly, I don't want to throw cold water, but I would like to reiterate this thing.

[ QUOTE ]

However, since it's a plating and the base material is aluminum, I think there is a chance of peeling / delaminating the plating from the base in long run.

[/ QUOTE ]
My plater told me it should be okay, but I cannot assure how long it lasts. If you are serious about the durability, I would suggest sticking to HA.

I'll make a post here when there is any update. Please let me know if you have any question.

Thank you for your interests!

Kenji

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Kenji, if it's not too late, please make mine complete lights (2-total). I'll take NexGen 500mA, TXOJ, McE2S 15 ohm. If it too late, I understand.