Toys from the closet (attic door too small)

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of my recuperation from my broken collarbone was to sit and take it easy (read do nothing). Since I couldn't ride the bike that caused the break I decided to haul out one of my other collections and photo it up. I guess you could say I have a softspot (fetish? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) for Fender Guitars, especially Strats. This composite shot shows three bodies, a Standard I scraped the heavy metal head banger decals off of it and upgraded with black hardware, vintage looking "lipstick tube" pickups (think Silvertone-Danelectro) and "chicken head" pointer knobs. That was back when good deals could be found at pawnshops. The middle one is a beater from 1976 and the last is my newest, a rusted up Stevie Ray Vaughn signature model that I took apart and cleaned up during the first part of my "rest and recuperation".
three-strats-part-deux.jpg

And my 1962 (or 63) Jaguar. When I got it (1981) it was "junk", now it is "vintage".
62-Jaguar.jpg

So I can tell people I have a Jag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As soon as I get the check for my car rebate I am itchy to build another one. This one will be exotic woods and more "over the top" but in a tasteful way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif And yes I have played in front of people and no one threw fruit. I am more of a rhythm and Bass player not a Van Halen poser.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Nice toys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have a Terry McInturff Taurus Custom. You can see Terry's guitars here. Great Guitars. Unfortunately, i dont play as good as my guitar looks, lol. Here's a pic of my toy.
tcmtaurus.jpg

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
cool. i have a crappy dean..xvo xm the action is so high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raggie you would be suprised how much a setup can improve a crappy guitar. The SRV was like playing barbed wire until I tweaked it. Now it feels and sounds sweet. Fender.com has a tech section for setups on their style of units and Stewart Macdonald (stew-mac.com) has free info for setups. I did mine with kitchen table tools, screw drivers, allen keys and a ruler. I made a new nut but you might feel safer having a technichian do that. I draw the line at frets, that's where I take one in.