SF M3 vrs M3T or C3

Gman

Enlightened
I see that the M3 and the Turbo both put out the same lumens. What does the larger Turbo reflector get you? More range? Tighter beam?
Do most prefer the Turbo or the stock M3?

Also, why not the C3/Z3? It's only a few lumens less, and who needs the pyrex lens, shock isolated bezel, etc, if not used in LE?

Trying to decide between the M3, MT3, or the C3. The cash saved is significant, so opinions are welcome.

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I don't own either(the C3 is on my wish list) but don't forget that the M3 is a fair bit bigger than the C3/Z3. I decided against the M3 for that reason. The C3 seems about the max for comfortable every day carry. It apears that the M3 is just a little too big. This is just my impression. Guys, I am I right?

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pyrex lens has a couple of advantages for anyone. It's more scratch resistant then lexan, and won't melt if it's in a pocket and the tail button gets pushed. Unfortunately it's a bit more breakage prone. The shock isolated bezel is useful if you tend to drop your lights, since it will cusion the lamp if it lands bezel end first. And I believe that the pyrex lenses are easier to change if you break or damage one. The lexan lenses require a hammer and screwdriver to get out, and a vise and a nickel to put in.

The turbo head (M3T) gives you a tighter beam for a longer reach, but of course the area lit up will be smaller.
The C3 is a smaller light, and is easier to carry around for general use. It's probably a better choice for most uses, especially since it has a turbo head for it too I think. It only has a 105 lumen lamp though, while you can use the 225 (?) lumen lamp with the M3T for maximum range.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'd always go for a SureFire with Shock Absorbing System whenever possible.

I've not yet seen a C3-HA with KT2-HA to compare the M3T with, but from my experience with the M3T, I don't have any reason not to buy the Millennium Series.

Depending on your requirements, both lights (M3 or C3) give you advantages. That's all part of the SureFire Option.

Al